Samsung Galaxy Tab pricing

johnzenobia

Reaction score
Is it me or does anyone else agree with me that While the Samsung Galaxy Tab is an awesome piece but the price is NUTS! How can they justify the 599 price for a 7" tablet when you can buy the Ipad for $499( wifi only) Am I missing something?

wsbsteven

Reaction score
Problem is people compare the ipad wifi only to the galaxy wifi plus 3g. The ipad with 3g is 629 so it's that vs 599 not 599 vs 499.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tablet

jaben2

Reaction score
That is one way to look at it, however I also take into consideration of the screen size. I am leaning toward the ipad, because of that.

billyidle

Reaction score
Many ipad users I've talked to wished they made ipads with 7inch screens.

We'll see over the next year what tablets sell more, 7inch screens or larger sizes.

I have a hunch 7inches is an ideal format for a tablet.

pyro6128

Reaction score
I think the price is out of control. Samsung missed a huge chance to grab some market share. They need to undercut apple and get those people who are on the fence due to price. Apple gets away with their prices because they're apple and people will gladly pay more, samsung however can't get away with that.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Where are the 10" Android tablets? I have read so many "coming soon" posts I can't remember what's what any more. And to the OP... I agree, Samsung fails with size and price

OP
johnzenobia

johnzenobia

Reaction score
I was looking at the viewsonic 10" tablet at sears. It looks like a strong piece with the tegra 2 cpu. I am thinking about it if it is strong after demo. I know the ipad is only 100 more but I hate the itunes platform. The samsung is a really nice piece but cleary not worth 599 as 399 looks a lot more attractive for a wifi only model. Also I am concerned with Samsung as they have their Fascinate stuck on 2.1 with no solid plan of updating to 2.2 that is why I returned it for the DroidX.