Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Could Have Triple Curved Display

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-s7-leaked-pic.jpg

Although we are a bit skeptical of this concept art Samsung Galaxy S7 image, we can't help but wonder if it could be the real deal. It is supposedly created from leaked intel on the device. The most immediately obvious thing about this image is that the device has a "triple-curved" display. You can see the usual curvature on the two sides like that found on the Galaxy S6 Edge, but the bottom edge of the phone is also curved. It almost gives the phone a slightly egg-shaped design when looking at the lower half.

While it could easily end up being nothing more than fan-fiction, it definitely would not be out of the realm of possibility for Samsung to offer a device like this. What better way to showcase their evolving flexible AMOLED displays then to add more curves to the Galaxy S7 Edge series?

Sound off and let us know what you think of the viability of this Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge "leak," or even the concept itself.

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Plus, S7 Edge & S7 Edge Plus

There is a video of the device, but this is just a fan-render based upon the leaked intel. You can see it in the thread below.

Source: Twitter & nowhereesle.fr

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that fan-made render:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
It'd be weird pressing the bottom buttons with that curved edge.

Reactions: cr6

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Placeholder tech until someone turns the entire device into a display. The phone won't have a front/back/top/bottom. It'll just look like a black piece of 6mm thick glass with smooth rounded edges.

...I'm waiting...

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Ehh...not cute!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Keep in mind, photos never do justice. I think it's totally cool, but I have been an Edge fan since day 1. BTW, not many liked them back then, but the Edge sold better than Sammy thought it would..

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That may be true, Jeffrey, but I think the Edge was pretty damn sexy in photos. ;)

TapaTurboII

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not a fan....but that's just me. Obviously some folks will like it but I prefer function over form. Slap a big ole battery in that thing and then I'll appreciate the badonkadonk butt not this curvy disaster!

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Samsung demo'd a phone a couple of years ago at ECS that had a curved bottom. It will be nice to see them finally release it in the wild.