Samsung Galaxy S6 Completely Dominates All Other Android Devices in Benchmarks (Including S6 Edge)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
galaxy-s6-and-edge-antutu-benchmark-1.jpg

As always, we caution folks that benchmark numbers do not necessarily translate into real-world experience on a platform. Despite that, sometimes its just easier to quantify something in our heads if we can look at some hard, rational numbers. That's why we share benchmark results for the newest hot devices from the OEMs.

The latest numbers from AnTuTu concerning the latest flagship devices is quite telling regardless of any wiggle room between reality vs. test numbers. The new Exynos 7420 chip in the Samsung Galaxy S6 is nothing short of phenomenal in terms of raw performance numbers as it easily crushes every other device tested by AnTuTu, including Samsung's other flagship, the Galaxy S6 Edge. The only reason for this odd disparity (considering the S6 Edge has the same chip inside) is that the Edge has to render more screen pixels due to its side-wrapping display.

The benchmark numbers of the top 3 break down thus:
  1. Samsung Galaxy S6 total AnTuTu combined score = 67,520
  2. Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge total AnTuTu combined score = 62,373
  3. HTC One M9 total AnTuTu combined score = 52,709
The graph above (and additional graphs below in the thread) all point to Samsung's new 14nm technology being the clear victor in the Android arena, and by a large margin. The HTC One M9, (equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 810) is a full 15,000 points behind! Even the GPU of the Samsung Exynos 7420 scores significantly higher than any of the current or previous generation Qualcomm chips.

Obviously, there's far more to a pleasant user experience with our smartphones, and internal technical improvements are only one metric. Still, the performance gain from Sammy is enough to justify at least a raised eye-brow, if not a full jaw-drop. What do you guys think?

For further discussion, check out our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge section here: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: AnTuTu

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are a few more AnTuTu graphs of the performance metrics for the newest Android flagship smartphones:

galaxy-s6-and-edge-antutu-benchmark-1.jpg

galaxy-s6-and-edge-antutu-benchmark-2.jpg

galaxy-s6-and-edge-antutu-benchmark-3.jpg

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
A skin is still a skin. I also own the Note 4, and it also has a toned down TouchWhiz, and the Nexus 6 is so much smoother with the same hardware. I love my Note 4, it's just that the Nexus 6 shows the flaws in TouchWhiz "which has it's uses. Two different devices with different purposes.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I must admit, I am very happy with Android 5.1 on my Nexus 5 as well... ;)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nexus FTW..

Tapped by Nexus SIX
Come on now let's not hijack another Samsung thread with how awesome the nexus 6 is. Yeah it is awesome but hate to be accused of being like apple fan boy. Let's be good neighbors to our Samsung brethren and allow them their moment.

Powarun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Good for Samsung, again real world performance is what matters, a maybe the processor was made for benchmarks.

That on how good is a phone with three broken screens.