Samsung Galaxy S6 Camera Shots & Video are Absolutely Stunning

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
s6-2-small.jpg

Some of the first shots using the new Samsung Galaxy S6 camera have been shared online, and they are truly amazing to behold. The image quality is stunning to say the least. With vibrant, yet realistic color, and silky smooth texturing, you would be forgiven for thinking these shots came from a professional camera.

We included one above, but there are several more (full resolution images) in the thread below. The source of these images also shared a 1080p video sample taken with the Galaxy S6 camera. They even included several images taken using the 5MP front-facing camera. We included the video and these "selfies" as well.

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge section for more info: Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge General Discussions Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: GSMArena

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are the images taken using the rear camera on the Samsung Galaxy S6:

s6-1.jpg

s6-2.jpg

s6-3.jpg

s6-4.jpg

s6-5.jpg

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here is the video from the rear camera of the Samsung Galaxy S6, followed by the front-facing camera images:

s6-front-1.jpg

s6-front-2.jpg

s6-front-3.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
In the first photo you can read the Facebook feed o_O

Gremlin

Reaction score
Dan London Eye pic looks awesome.. and especially the emerald green edge gs6

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
In the first photo you can read the Facebook feed o_O
Holy crap you are right! That's crazy to get that much detail in an image on a smartphone camera!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Look at every phone in the past and how their cameras were touted as so amazing, and then look at the real world photos taken with those phones. They NEVER line up in quality. Lighting is key to all those photos.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That night shot is amazing. But I'm curious as to if any of the pictures were touched up professionally prior to being posted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
That night shot is amazing. But I'm curious as to if any of the pictures were touched up professionally prior to being posted.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There is a ton of light in the night shot, not much actual dark except the sky which is very grainy. The images were very planned and nothing was left to chance for the quality.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While the photos were not touched up with any photo editing, you guys are correct that they were taken with the idea of getting the lighting just right. Still, I don't think that's a bad thing, as it shows what the phone is capable of in the hands of someone who knows lighting. Regardless of the setup, the sensor in the Galaxy S6 is obviously very good.

Reactions: cr6

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
These are some good photos.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The back of the phone has the ability to display color.. Am I seeing that right?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
People need to understand that good photography is not just about just pressing the shutter button, as a semi pro photographer myself, the most important aspect of photography is lighting, composition and technique, the people who probably took those nice photos where most likely people with extensive back round in photography.