Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For Beginners

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Samsung Galaxy S5 can be rooted by flashing the CF-Auto-Root package using Odin. The tool will install SuperSU on your device before restoring the stock recovery to allow you to gain root access on your smartphone in a just a few minutes.

The source link below has the instructions and the necessary tools to root your Galaxy S5. Before continuing please keep in mind that rooting or flashing ROMs involves some risk and would usually void your warranty. So, continue with the process only if you are sure about what you are doing.

To date, this method works on the following variants:

SM-G900F (International Qualcomm)
SM-G900H (International Exynos)
SM-G900I (Oceania)
SM-G900M (Middle and South America)
SM-G900R4 (US Cellular)
SM-G900T (T-Mobile US)
SM-G900P (Sprint)
SM-G900T1 (Metro PCS)
SM-G900W8 (Canada)

[SM-G900F] CF-Auto-Root - xda-developers

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Nice, but I'm going to hold out for a while based on the concerns with tripping the Knox warranty flag. I'm on the hook for full retail with this thing on the T-mobile plan (though I am totally happy with the plan and service overall, just converted from big red)

lykofos

Reaction score
Likewise, I paid full retail on verizon. No root method yet for this version of the phone (sm-g900v). I'm definitely missing my root apps already. I'm sure they'll come up with a way to root it before too long tho.

Secondlaw

Reaction score
UGH!!! So far I'm in love with this phone but I think I'm going to have to return it if I can't root. I need my tethering and it doesn't look like rooting for this phone is going to be available for a while or ever.

PDANet seems to be the only option but it's not flawless. :angry:

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I think root will be available. Just need to give the Devs some time to perfect the method.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
TM's $80 unlimited plan includes 5GB of tethering per month. All good.

Unlocked bootloader too. I can wait for a stable, proven and mature custom ROM down the line.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I think root will be available. Just need to give the Devs some time to perfect the method.
Chainfire doesn't do exploit based rooting methods so he's out, but like with most Android handsets somebody is going to come along and figure out a way to gain root access via exploit

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Thanks for the post, Jeffrey. Always good that get the news for root methods. But I'm in same boat as others who are still with Big Red. I've stayed with them as they really do provided the best coverage here in Idaho imo. But I gotta be able to root! Like lykofos - I'd seriously miss some key apps that I consider SOP.

So I have 2 options. Wait and hope VZ releases a Dev Edition S5 or a dev comes up with a way to unlock.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
You know they will..

Diddy0312

Reaction score
Hallo i was jusing "Odin" and CWM Recovery..all is perfect and easy. Now i have Root and my Software is X-Note 1.1
Extremly Stable and Fast!!
Sry.for my english.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Good job diddy.