Samsung Galaxy s5 - "No devices detected" in chrome://inspect/#devices

HeelHook

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hi All,

I am starting to pull my hair out with an issue and was hoping someone could help. I work in ad-ops and have been needing to debug mobile web pages for our sites and, for some reason beyond me, I absolutely cannot get my Galaxy s5 (SM-G900V) device to show up in my PC Chrome browser. I'm on a Toshiba Satellite P70-A, and running Win 8.1 x64, and at home I'm on a Custom rig running Win7 x64. Here is a list of what I've done so far:

-Android Version 4.4.4
-Used ADB extention and the Verizon software to verify all the drivers seem to be up-to-date.
-I have unplugged, and plugged back in, turned off/on Developer Options, and have turned off/on USB debugging option as well. (I know people have to generally tap 'Build Number' under 'About Phone' 7 times to turn on developer options, but I never had to do this/it says dev options are already turned on)
-I am able to view the files on my phone, and copy them to my desktop.
-I have tried 3 different USB cables, 1 of which was the OEM Samsung charger cable provided.
-In the "chrome://inspect/#devices" screen, 'Discover USB Devices' box is checked.

it HAS been recognized on my co-worker's Mac Air, but not on my work laptop or my Home PC.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Andrew

OP
H

HeelHook

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hey Kaos,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately I've gone through those instructions multiple times to no avail. I even just completely reinstalled Chrome on my PC, and nothing. Still "No devices detected". I also tried my Coworker's Note 3 and it would not detect that either. I went across the hall and tried both phones out on my Coworker's laptop (same toshiba that I have) and neither were detected. Is there any other settings that need to be checked for Chrome on PC that would cause this?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Installing Kies 3 will make sure you have the appropriate drivers. Please install, then verify connectivity.

Kies

OP
H

HeelHook

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Hey Kaos,

I have Kies3 installed, and have reinstalled the drivers, and double checked to make sure everything is up to date.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Does a popup window show on the device?? Asking to trust your pc?

Go into developer options and revoke USB permissions. Then make sure the box is ticked for USB debugging. Then plug into computer. If this doesn't solve it, you will have to call google I am afraid

OP
H

HeelHook

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
No prompt to trust PC like when I plug into my coworker's air, just connected as an installer or connected as a media device/camera, but I see the USB connection icon notification at the top.

Revoked authorization, double checked USB debugging was checked, and then plugged the phone back into my laptop, and nothing =/

Looks like it's time to call Google. Thanks for your help, Kaos! I'll post an answer if Google can help me with one.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You'll want to contact your carrier. Google doesn't typically help customers with issues such as this. Good luck HeelHook. Let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

OP
H

HeelHook

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
Excellent, thanks for the guidance cr6!