Samsung Galaxy S5 Might Come in a Plastic Variant and a Metal Variant

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Metal-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-purple-backg.jpg
Samsung-Galaxy-S4-purple-plastic-Branding.jpg

Just a few months ago we shared a rumor that Samsung was working on a Samsung Galaxy F device which would be an even more premium device than their Galaxy S series. It hinted at higher-end materials such as a metal casing and more. Not long after that speculation in the industry suggested that the metal casing would simply come for the Galaxy S5 when Samsung announces it next year. In fact, just a couple days ago we shared a new report suggesting exactly that. Additionally, just yesterday new intel arrived regarding a high-end Samsung device with the model name SM-G900S. This new info indicated it may be the Galaxy S5.

It's another day and even more info has come to light. A new device with a similar model name has surfaced: the SM-G900F. The similarity between the two model names and our previous intel suggests that the next Galaxy S5 might actually come in two variants. One will likely be the usual plastic based device, and the other might be the Model F and will include the "premium" metal casing. Beyond these new details, the rest of the rumors regarding Samsung's "next big thing" are as follows:
  • 2K display
  • Samsung’s new 64-bit eight-core Exynos processor or a quad-core Snapdragon processor
  • 16-megapixel camera with some intriguing new technology
  • 3-4GB of RAM
  • 4,000 mAh battery
  • Android 4.4 KitKat
What do you guys think? Is this typical "pie in the sky" fantasy, or a plausible future direction for Samsung.

Source: BGR

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
With Samsung implementing KNOX, where just the attempt of loading a non-secure recovery or bootloader on your phone voids the warranty, I won't be buying one.
I suggest, everyone steer clear of Samsung devices until they do the right thing. That is:
1. If they void the warranty on attempt and permanently set the KNOX flag to 0x1, which is unsecure, then I should be able to install anything I want.
2. They leave the flag alone and unsigned firmware triggers KNOX and is successfully installed.
3. Give a warning before triggering KNOX.
4. Restore KNOX = 0x0 when a secure/signed bootloader is installed.

It appears that currently there is a one way street.
Attempt to root or otherwise tamper with the phone and void your warranty.
You don't need to be successful in the attempt, just attempt to do it and Samsung voids your warranty.

DON'T BUY SAMSUNG DEVICES - BOYCOTT SAMSUNG OVER KNOX!!!!!