Samsung Galaxy S4 music problem.

BlueHammer

Reaction score
I recently bought myself an SD card for storing music since S4 only got 8GB internal memory. And I found out that I need to transfer the music from Internal Storage to SDCard manually [I download music using tubemate fyi]. So I plug my s4 to my computer, cut my music folder from the phone, and paste it to my SD card, creating a new folder. After I did that, the stock music application can't detect any of the music I put in my SD card, even after putting the music back to internal storage. But strangely it detect music that I just download, and the music that I just download is in the same folder as the rest of my music.
Any idea how to fix this ? Thanks in advance.
I already tried RescanSD and Rescan Media, 3rd party apps, and still can't detect my older music.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

See if installing JetAudio from the G Store finds it OK. You may also try restarting the phone

OP
B

BlueHammer

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

See if installing JetAudio from the G Store finds it OK. You may also try restarting the phone

Thanks for the reply but I have resolved my trouble.
I will post it here how I fix it in case it might help someone.
Basically the problem here is because of TubeMate. When TubeMate download music [save as mp3] from youtube, it basically download the video with least resolution and somehow told the phone that it is MP3 and told the phone to play it as MP3 instead of video format. What I did is moving the MP3, therefore the phone lost the information about how the files should be played as MP3. Thats when I move it, the music files doesn't come up in my music library, instead in my video library. There is an option in Tubemate to change your download folder instead of manually moving files which might ruin things.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

willdeleon02

Reaction score
tubemate mp3 problem with gs4

hi!!!
greeting from the Philippines
got the same problem...i can play downloaded tubemate(download as mp3) only on my files but music player cant detect it...it can be detected by music player if it is on phone storage once downloaded once i move it to sdcard storage then i can only play it on the storage folder but once i moved it to sdcard then i can only play it on the sdcard storage, it cant be detected by music player anymore...please help me with the fix
thanks in advance!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
hi!!!
greeting from the Philippines
got the same problem...i can play downloaded tubemate(download as mp3) only on my files but music player cant detect it...it can be detected by music player if it is on phone storage once downloaded once i move it to sdcard storage then i can only play it on the storage folder but once i moved it to sdcard then i can only play it on the sdcard storage, it cant be detected by music player anymore...please help me with the fix
thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum,
Try installing JetAudio to see if that solves your problem. It will automatically find the files on the SD Card.

OP
B

BlueHammer

Reaction score
The thing is this.
Tubemate basically saves video as MP3.
Most people think MP3 is for music, MP4 is for video. Well, it's wrong. MP3 is media file for both audio and visual. Just MP4 has better quality and most media player has decided to read MP3 as music and MP4 as video.

SGS4 media player, however, does not. It can detect if your MP3 files contain visual file and if so, will read it as video.
The solution is to download alternative Media Player from play store, one that always read MP3 as music. Hope I helped. Sorry if this is a confusing.