Samsung Galaxy S3 vs RAZR HD

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
For the sake of argument will anybody already being saying Bon Voyage to their S3? or has Samsung stole your heart with your S3?

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
No more Motorola products for me.. And the specs on the HD just aren't good enough to even consider.

mgrande

Reaction score
I doubt it would be a step up if you already have the s3. But of you dont, like me, it depends on what features you want. While Ill be getting the hd maxx, some of what the s3 does is pretty cool. I mostly like how you can hold the phone up to your ear and it dials automatically.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
When I originally ordered my S3, I was only planning on keeping it until the RAZR HD was released. But now that all of the specs have been released, there's no compelling reason for me to switch. There's really nothing that it offers above the S3, and there are several things that the S3 offers that it doesn't have. Plus, by the time the RAZR HD is released (whenever "before the holidays" will end up being), there's a good chance that we'll have some other devices to choose from that will actually offer some sort of noticeable improvement over the S3 (something the RAZR HD fails to do in my opinion).

So, nope. Not me. If Motorola and Verizon had released it during the summer, I definitely would have jumped on it. But as it stands, and especially with the release date being several weeks, if not months, away, the RAZR HD is just too little too late for me.

Last edited:

Signum

Reaction score
I am might hop on the RAZR maxx hd just for the insane battery life

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I too had only intended to keep my s3 until the razr hd came out but I've grown fond of the s3 and it's removable battery and georgous screen... When i grab my old razr now it's a joke next to the s3... I'm going to stay with it awhile..

Ozzzy3z

Reaction score
I constantly hear how Motorola radios are better than Samsung. From my perspective this is no longer true. My S3 blows my Droid X our of the water when it comes to signal strength. I am typing this reply from my office - a place my X couldn't even get a signal.

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
If it has NFC is might be debatable to me, but spec wise it is pretty disappointing. Love the battery size though.

t35rk

Reaction score
I love my Sammy. The Note 2 is the only upcoming device I would trade it in for, and that is merely for an even bigger screen.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I'm just not a fan of the curved glass/weird rectangle feel of the Razr phones. Just doesn't work with the thinness of the phone IMO. I ALMOST got the Maxx, but the screen was one of the main reasons I settled on the GS3. I have big hands, and it amazed me how the Razr was just such a hassle to reach across with one hand, whereas it's nothing on the GS3. Glad I made the right choice... :happy3:

rushmore

Reaction score
Motorola has better radios, speakers and durability.

And a big a$$ fixed navigation bar taking up precious display space. THAT and probably build are for sure, but making assumptions in regards to radio and speakers.

Fixed nav bars are nuts on phone sized displays. Hate em'.

MailboxHead

Reaction score
Initially I only considered the S3 b/c I didn't think they were going to put a Maxx battery in a Razr HD, and because all the people who reviewed it loved it. When I saw that there was a Maxx HD... well, I was really put out, but then I thought about it and you know what? I'm still going to stick with my S3. IMO it feels sooo much better in my hand than any of the Maxx's do, and the battery on it has been great so I won't need the Maxx like I thought I would.

Maybe my next phone will be a Moto in 19 months, but for now I'm happy with my S3. This phone kind of came out of nowhere on me, I had never considered it, but I'm glad I got sick of waiting for a new phone and got this one. I thought I would be settling, but there is nothing "second place" about this device (except for that home screen button, but that's a matter of taste).