Samsung Galaxy S3 + Fruit Ninja + REAL Knife = Crazy?

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;O7wFUynY1YU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7wFUynY1YU&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Have you ever had the urge to play the game Fruit Ninja on your brand new and expensive high-end smartphone (like the SGS3), with an actual cutting knife? Nope. Neither have we, but gosh-darnit, some folks out there get the strangest ideas in their heads. Luckily for us, they sometimes like to put their ideas on YouTube. To the videographer's credit, it looks like he is using the dull side of the knife instead of the bladed side, but it still makes you wonder what he was thinking?

Source: S3Forums via Phandroid

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
:eek:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Unless that is some sort of crazy carbide steel knife, OR the S3 has a plastic screen, there is no way doing that is going to scratch it - no matter which side they use.

WishRyder

Reaction score
Maybe I'm confused as to what kind of touchscreen the SIII uses, but how is a capacative screen being activated with a knife? I just tried keys, knives, and scissors, and non will interact with my Nexus' screen.

EDIT:
Cancel that. I guess certain metal does interact with my touchscreen (albeit unreliably). However, my screen protector wasn't too happy about my final test. :sad:

Last edited:

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
It looks like the sharp side unless you live in a world where the sharp side is the flat side...CRAZY!!! Anywho, its probably some kind of demo for the Gorilla Glass 2 or something. Won't find me doing it though.

ryanr509

Reaction score
Dave12308 said:
Unless that is some sort of crazy carbide steel knife, OR the S3 has a plastic screen, there is no way doing that is going to scratch it - no matter which side they use.

How do you figure? I have scratches on my RAZR screen from my keys.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Only thing that scratches glass is sand "since it is made of sand", and no your keys did not scratch your screen "unless of course you put your phone on a table and dug into your screen real hard", it was microscopic sand crystals.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like the sharp side unless you live in a world where the sharp side is the flat side...CRAZY!!! Anywho, its probably some kind of demo for the Gorilla Glass 2 or something. Won't find me doing it though.

If you closer at the knife at the beginning of the video you can tell by the handle that it is a paring knife, which is bladed on the flat side, not the curved side. ;)

georgeo18yal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
cybertec69 said:
Only thing that scratches glass is sand "since it is made of sand", and no your keys did not scratch your screen "unless of course you put your phone on a table and dug into your screen real hard", it was microscopic sand crystals.

Diamonds?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
If you closer at the knife at the beginning of the video you can tell by the handle that it is a paring knife, which is bladed on the flat side, not the curved side. ;)

Ya, I just saw that. Odd...not sure why a knife would be made like that. I have many kitchen knives and none are shaped like that. Maybe its not a normal US knife or something.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Maybe he's using a screen protector - any scratches would just peel right off with the protector and then he can just put another one on. BTW, have you guys seen the puregear puretek screen protector applicator device? It takes the pain and disappointment out of putting on a screen protector. I think it would make a great prize here on DF wink wink :wink-b: Here's the link to the video: [video=youtube;fcK5sxf5Vag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcK5sxf5Vag&feature=player_embedded[/video]

ryanr509

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:

Ya and the dealership told me my 04 civic would get 40 MPG

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Which can be aided by water, which I didn't know until a few minutes ago.