Samsung Galaxy S2, where are you?!?

hooknife

Reaction score
I am on Verizon and I've been drooling over the Galaxy S2 for what feels like a year. Anyone have anything new regrading the release date?

Dzuck

Reaction score
I've also been doing my best to find info regarding the release of the Galaxy S 2. all ive been able to find is that on verizon it will be called the samsung function.

i need this phone right now. Im getting tired of my original Droid.

matt2783

Reaction score
Is there any conformation that it will be 4g? It seems hard to believe we'll see an LTE version, keeping the same form factor given how big all the LTE devices that are out now are.

If they do manage that, it'll be the best phone on Verizon by a long shot, especially if they keep it unlocked.

Dzuck

Reaction score
well after reading yesterday that they sent a few phones over to the Dev's at Cyanogenmod, I imagine that the phone will remain unlocked.

I'll be incredibly disappointed if its not 4G though...

matt2783

Reaction score
Yeah I just read the same thing on Droid-life. Still no word on LTE though. I'm not going to get my hopes up on that front, like I said before, GS2 is about 1/4 the width of the current LTE phones. LTE GS2 in July just sounds too good to be true.

yiannis

Reaction score
Since it will be unlocked, I'm game if it has LTE. But I will wait to hear news regarding the Bionic's bootloader.

It's a bit weird that we don't know the specs 5 weeks before the phone's release...

vzdroid13

Reaction score
If this phone has LTE, Id probably have to sell my Droid charge and get it. But even if not, I would still consider it. 4G is ALWAYS losing connection, and sometimes it leaves me without a connection at all. Sometimes I think it would be better to have a reliable 3g connection than a 4g connection that only works half the time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

volando

Reaction score
If it's both unlocked and has LTE while the Droid3 is locked (probably) and no LTE (definitely) I guess it's goodbye Motorola :)

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm going to get the GSII regardless of LTE...phone just sounds too cool to not try, and Samsung sending one to CyanogenMod really piqued my interest in this phone. I'll get it through Costco, and under their 90 day return policy swap it for a Bionic if it turns out that phone is interesting....but 4.3" screen on Samsung is already bigger than I really want, so the 4.5" Bionic is just sounding too big.

matt2783

Reaction score
I'm going to get the GSII regardless of LTE...phone just sounds too cool to not try. I'll get it through Costco, and under their 90 day return policy swap it for a Bionic if it turns out that phone is interesting....but 4.3" screen on Samsung is already bigger than I really want, so the 4.5" Bionic is just sounding too big.

People are speculating on weather that 4.5" screen on the Bionic is correct. Apparently, when you measure the two phones that were pictured next to one another in the leak, the Bionic is only .3" bigger than whatever phone is on the left. So if it is the defy, the Bionic would only have a 4" screen.

shobe

Reaction score
Was just about to say the same thing. Lets see if it comes to fruition and if it is released around the same time as the Bionic. Could finally have a decision to make when it's time to upgrade my D1

BGKris

Reaction score
Was just about to say the same thing. Lets see if it comes to fruition and if it is released around the same time as the Bionic. Could finally have a decision to make when it's time to upgrade my D1

Sucks as I just got my thunderbolt to my liking.. Oh well, that's the nature of the beast.

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
I hate to get excited about a device that hasn't been released and I haven't held one in my hand....but I am excited lol