Samsung Galaxy S III Prototype Captured on Video; Specs Likely Confirmed

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;3Ei61wWOr4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=3Ei61wWOr4w[/video]​

The above video is supposedly of a prototype Samsung Galaxy S III. The model number of the phone in this video is the GT-I9300, and as you can see it seems to match up nicely with the previous leaked pics of the device. It's important to note that other reports we have received suggested that the specs of the phone above are what will likely be in the final SGS3, but the outer design is probably a "dummy" case and is likely to change. The young man in the video even suggests this same thing. Still, it's pretty cool to see the prototype humming merrily along. As a recap, here are the specs as shown in the video:
  • Quad-Core 1.4 GHz Exynos processor with Mali 400 GPU
  • 1GB of RAM
  • 8MP camera
  • 720p HD display
  • NFC
  • 16GB of internal memory
  • MicroSD card support
  • 2050 mAh battery
Who else is getting stoked for this beastly device!

Source: Phandroid

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought they said they decided to keep a dedicated home button?

geoff5093

Reaction score
The phone doesn't look good because of the fake shell they have on there to protect leaks from showing what it will really look like. Spec wise though this is nothing that extraordinary, it looks just like your typical new phone that comes out every 2-3 months. Honestly I was expecting more.

2ns

Reaction score
If those are the true specs, I'll just be keep my fingers crossed for the Note/Journal coming to Verizon. That's really disappointing after all the hype.

Caesars

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if the sg3 can star selling phones off name alone similar to apple. Up until now it's always had an amazing screen and great hardware. Of course I don't think these specs look bad, especially considering the competition ATM. The only problem I could see is that-now that the maxx proves you can do it, you'd be a bit crazy to buy any android phone w/o a 3kmah battery built in.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only problem I could see is that-now that the maxx proves you can do it, you'd be a bit crazy to buy any android phone w/o a 3kmah battery built in.

Using current technology, you won't get a 3k mAh removable battery into anything (while still keeping it slim). A lot of people are still hung up on non removable batteries. The Maxx battery is awesome don't get me wrong, but what happens if the battery goes bad?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
battery goes bad, you get a new phone from verizon. i won't buy another phone with less then 3k battery.

2ns

Reaction score
I had the internal battery of a three month old garmin go completely bad. I don't need the thinnest phone in the world, go ahead and make it thicker if needed. Don't you get a new "refurbished" phone from Verizon if battery goes bad?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing to write home about. I guess I'll be waiting for the SGS4, as my nexus will last that long.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
hopefully it lasts two years Hehe

DROID RAZR MAXX

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
battery goes bad, you get a new phone from verizon. i won't buy another phone with less then 3k battery.

After several days. They now ship USPS so it would likely be two days without a phone. Maybe its just me but I have the extended battery and the stock battery for my Nexus which equals nearly 4000 mAh. If I really need battery, I have it. A quick pop off of the back and a restart and I'm good to go. I also like having the security of knowing I wouldn't have to wait for a new phone if my battery goes bad. I'd love a 3000 mAh battery stock, but not if its non removable.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2ns

Reaction score
Just noticed the phone in the video has four rows of icons, isn't the S3 supposed to have 5?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Just noticed the phone in the video has four rows of icons, isn't the S3 supposed to have 5?

Not at 320dpi. At 280 it will. At 240 you get 7 wide.

ExodusC

Reaction score
If this really is the SGS 3, why is everyone so upset about it?

This seems really in line with what I would expect.

The only thing I would have hoped for is more RAM, but many of the more reasonable sounding rumors suggested it would still have 1GB, which is adequate to run ICS smoothly.

If it comes to Verizon, it'll likely be my phone of choice.