Samsung Galaxy Note 5's S-Pen Early Glimpse; Could Have Clickable Top

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Stylet.jpg

Some leaked images of the S-Pen for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 have appeared online. Besides the side button, what's most intriguing about these images is they seem to hint at a clickable top on the stylus. The early speculation for this clickable top is that it could be used to retract the pen’s point, or activate some unknown software functionality. Of course, it could also be the means for getting the S-Pen to eject from its bay in the phone.

Luckily, we probably won't have to wait too long to find out. The current buzz suggests a mid-August launch date for the Galaxy Note 5. Be sure to check out all the images in the thread below, and stay tuned for more!

Don't forget to drop by our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 5 section for even more discussions: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: nowhereelse.fr

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are all of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 S-Pen leaked images:

Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Stylet-01.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Stylet-02.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Stylet-03.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-Note5-Stylet-04.jpg

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Hmmm, looking closely at the images, not sure if it's for a retractable point. All the images definitely show the clickable top but all also show the tip. It would be really cool if this possible clickable top is for activating software features. Like, what if it can be used to snap a photo while in camera? That would be awesome!

Hmmm, wonder what other possible features it might include?

sent from my Note3 (soon to be??) using tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Interesting indeed. Until I saw the picture where the top is clearly "up," I thought maybe it was just a lip for the phone to catch the s pen and hold it in place/push it up out of the device if it's an auto-eject kind of application.

Hard to think what functionality it might have that isn't already served by the button on the side of the current s pens.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I hope that is an all metal build.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be a detonator for the new self-destruct mode...
If only it were a bloatware self destruct button.
To be honest I'd like to see a click button on top to replace the click button on the side, do on top what now must be done using the side button that is more ergonomic and easier to find on the Note4 but still not naturally ergonomic to use. I can clock a pen without thinking about it but I still find the side button a distraction when multi multi tasking

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Beast Mode 4