Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Concept Renders Show Off Possibilities

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
samsung-galaxy-note-5-concept-art-1.png

Is it too soon for this? Nah! A digital artist decided to share his Galaxy Note 5 concept art. It uses the new Galaxy S6 design as the base-line so it could be pretty close to an accurate look. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 isn't due until September later this year (based upon Sammy's past history), but it's fun to speculate on what it might look like.

Overall it's a solid design, although it assumes much. It's too bad the artist didn't decide to share a glimpse at the Galaxy Note 5 Edge. What do you folks think? Good work, or just obvious?

You can check out several more images in the thread below.

Source: Concept-Phones.com

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here are several more Samsung Galaxy Note 5 concept art renders:

samsung-galaxy-note-5-concept-art-1.png

samsung-galaxy-note-5-concept-art-2.png

samsung-galaxy-note-5-concept-art-3.png

samsung-galaxy-note-5-concept-art-4.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Meh...First thing I thought was, "Gee. That looks like a big s6." Haha!

Anyway, I don't put much stock into these "Hey, I think this is what the device could look like" renders. The speaker at the top or whatever it is looks kinda cool. I seriously doubt they'd put volume and power buttons on the same side without an edge screen on the other. Unless that's supposed to just be a massive volume rocker there...?

Idk. I've been enjoying my Note 4 since the day it arrived, but I'm seriously considering down-sizing a bit on my next go-around.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm going with "obvious".
I'm secretly rooting for the LG G4 to kick butt in the sales department so maybe that will help to change Sammys mind that the consumer DOES care about a removable battery & ext sd card. The success of the S6 isn't helping matters, but it's less than stellar battery life may work in our favor.
Only time will tell.

S5 tap'n

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I guess I can live without a Removable Battery as long as it is a good size. I am now with my Droid Turbo. I would be happy with keeping the MicroSD like the Previous Notes which I heard it should have.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I like the look of that even though it is a concept. I have been very happy with Note 4 don't see a reason to complain. I am getting more and more excited with were the Edge design is going. I think I am really leaning towards a Note 5 Edge. I wish we could get some concept pictures of that!

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

jhom

Reaction score
Needs a removable battery and micro SD before I'll considerate it. Without it, the Note series loses it powerhouse abilities and just becomes another big smartphone.

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Needs a removable battery and micro SD before I'll considerate it. Without it, the Note series loses it powerhouse abilities and just becomes another big smartphone.
I honestly think Samsung has moved on from removable batteries and expandable memory. Unfortunately it's the way all the manufacturers are wanting to go...

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
I honestly think Samsung has moved on from removable batteries and expandable memory. Unfortunately it's the way all the manufacturers are wanting to go...

Moving on from replaceable batteries and SDcard slots is not the same as moving forward. 2TB SD cards anyone?
LG decided to not implement fast charging because a battery could simply be replaced with another that is fully charged, now that's fast! Speaking of batteries needing to be replaced, they get old. When they get old, they don't hold their charges as well. Having a fantastic, slightly older phone, with a poor battery, nicely sealed in my device, is a PITA.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
From what I heard I really do see the Note 5 having Removable SD. I hope my source is accurate.

realged13

Reaction score
I just wish they would get rid of Touchwiz or redesign it. That's the main reason I skip it. Looks terrible.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I just wish they would get rid of Touchwiz or redesign it. That's the main reason I skip it. Looks terrible.
Its one thing for Vendors to want their own apps but why not just use a plain old vanilla Android OS and put their own Apps ands Wallpaper and stuff if they want. it would only make their Devices faster with a Plain OS

bigdad63

Reaction score
I have a Note 3 :
I will pay full retail for the note 5 immediately if it has :
-front facing speakers
-SD card
-4gb memory
-at least 64gb storage
-much improved indoor and lowlight pics
-true all day battery life (a sealed battery goes in the negative column, but I would consider one if it was at least 4200mAh)

I would be fine with a 2k screen which I think already has enough of a battery life penalty.

Bottom or rear speakers are 100% deal breakers.

Dont like the edge stuff as I feel the penalty decrease in viewable screen is too high for the amount of funtionality the design offers.

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Note 3 :
I will pay full retail for the note 5 immediately if it has :
-front facing speakers
-SD card
-4gb memory
-at least 64gb storage
-much improved indoor and lowlight pics
-true all day battery life (a sealed battery goes in the negative column, but I would consider one if it was at least 4200mAh)

I would be fine with a 2k screen which I think already has enough of a battery life penalty.

Bottom or rear speakers are 100% deal breakers.

Dont like the edge stuff as I feel the penalty decrease in viewable screen is too high for the amount of funtionality the design offers.
Keep on dreaming.