Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Beats the Note 4 in Battery Life Tests

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So...lemme know how that battery keeps a charge next year. Buying a whole new phone because your battery is shot. That blows. Disposable design at premium pricing well keep those quarterly earnings in the hole imo.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
My Note2 is almost 2 years old and still gets almost 8 hours of sot on the original and only battery I've got for it. My Tab 1 still gets over 7 hours SOT and it's 4+ years old. My wife's iPad is almost 5 years old and still gets almost the sot it got when new.
I agree that I'd rather see user changeable batteries in case one does go bad but they don't prematurely go bad as often as they used to .

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

evereddie

Reaction score
This is soo sad they keep on making this crap and we keep on buying it. A phone should last a DAY. As in 24 hours. At the VERY least it should last from when you get up at 7am until you go to bed at 11pm. Period. To get proper time out of a battery we HAVE to be able to crack it open and spend money we shouldn't in the first place to put in a proper battery. Have a note 3 with a monster battery, 8500 mah, and when it was new got 3 days. Now ready to get a new phone and was ready to get a Note 5 until I found out the battery is in jail. No no. Maybe I'll get a note 4.

Last edited:

Beer Goggles

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8
This is soo sad they keep on making this crap and we keep on buying it. A phone should last a DAY. As in 24 hours. At the VERY least it should last from when you get up at 7am until you go to bed at 11pm. Period. To get proper time out of a battery we HAVE to be able to crack it open and spend money we shouldn't in the first place to put in a proper battery. Have a note 3 with a monster battery, 8500 mah, and when it was new got 3 days. Now ready to get a new phone and was ready to get a Note 5 until I found out the battery is in jail. No no. Maybe I'll get a note 4.
As a Note 4 owner/user, I would highly recommend it. It's an awesome computer and also a really good phone. ;)

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
39bb52edf4565ab744542c1e350ab9d7.jpg

Android system and Android OS are usually the top two for me.....ever since the Lollipop update, and after 2 FDR'S and many many cache wipes. Nothing's helped for me.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note4 using Tapatalk
And I don't EVEN know what to make of this. What the heck is Google services?
This is the first time I've seen it at the top, and I didn't do one thing different with the phone today than any other day.....
uploadfromtaptalk1440712817402.png

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
And I don't EVEN know what to make of this. What the heck is Google services?
This is the first time I've seen it at the top, and I didn't do one thing different with the phone today than any other day.....
View attachment 75430

Same thing for me today. I've also never had it at the top. There must of been a server issue for sync or something..

762214228ada98564570171779a7c345.jpg

Note 4tified

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oddly, the night (Wed. night) before my post above, Google Drive updated, then Thurs. I had that high Google Play Services drain. Last night (Thurs. night) G-Drive updated again, and today G-Play Services isn't even in the list.