Samsung Galaxy Note 5.3" Smartphone

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
img_img05.png

A 5.3 inch smartphone? I thought the Droid X was massive when it came out, this is a whole inch bigger!

This phone is basically a really huge Galaxy SII phone. It's rumored to be launching in Europe on November 17th. Rumors point to the fact that it may be on the ATT network once it's released into the US. The specs are pretty much the same as your usual beefy smartphone. The neat thing, similar to the HTC Flyer, is the use of a stylus. This phone is uses both your finger and the included stylus.

This looks like a good candidate for the ICS update once it's out, but for now it will launch with Gingerbread.
The battery is pretty big, compared with the Bionic's already powerful battery.
Another thing that caught my eye was the fact it has a barometer! What is a barometer really needed for in a phone?

Do you think there is a chance we'll see this on Verizon since it has LTE? Would anybody actually consider carrying this for their full time phone? Is this going to start a new wave of even bigger "super" smartphones?

Here are a few of the most imported specs!

Network
HSPA+ up to 21Mbps 850/900/1900/21004G LTE
EDGE/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
※ Network differs by country

Processor

1.4GHz Dual Core Processor

Display

5.3” WXGA (1280 x 800, 285 PPI) screen*
HD Super AMOLED

Platform
Android™ 2.3(Gingerbread)

Camera
Main(Rear) : 8 MP with LED Flash / Front : 2 MP
Action Shot, Beauty, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot

Video
1080p Full HD video recording & playbackRecording: 1080p@24~30fps/ Playback: 1080p@30fps
Codec: MPEG4/ H.263/ H.264/ DivX, Xvid, WMV, VC-1

Multi Input

Full touch
+ S Pen (Advanced smart pen)

Sensor

Accelerometer, Digital compass, Proximity,
Barometer, Light

Memory

16GB Internal memory
+ microSD (up to 32GB)

Size
146.85 x 82.95 x 9.65 mm, 178g

Battery

Standard battery, Li-on 2,500 mAh

Value-added Features

Samsung Touchwiz/ Samsung Live Panel UXS Memo/ S Planner/ S Choice (Apps for GALAXY Note)Samsung AppsSamsung kies 2.0/ Samsung kies air
A-GPS, Glonass

Source: Samsung GALAXY Note - Samsung Mobile

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
I don't know... I'd have to see it in person. 4.3 was never an issue for me. Haven't seen the new 4.56 phones yet, but doubt it is going to be that bad.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums