Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Stuck on Boot Logo, Doesn't Start, Cannot enter Recovery Mode

andy88

Reaction score
Hello,

I have spend about a whole day on this problem without any success. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which is stuck on its boot screen and doesn't
proceed any further than that. It shows "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)" on the screen.

I had Googled for some help and tried using Odin with so may different Custom ROMs and Samsung's Official Firmware without success. I get error messages
such as PIT file error on Odin and I have tried downloading (PIT File) which has been also unsuccessful so far. I also tried many different versions of Odin (ranging from 1.x.x to 3.x.x).

I also cannot get into recovery mode (Pressing Volume Up button, Home, Power).
I could only enter into the download mode (by pressing the volume down button). I've tried removing battery for 5-10 minutes and restarting again (no success).

I followed all instructions found online such as installing the Samsung-USB firmware on my Windows machine and I can't see where I could have gone wrong.

The phone was purchased in Malaysia and (I have used the exact firmware for Malaysia - downloaded from Samsung's website to restore using Odin)
with no success :-

I hope someone would be able to help me out.

OP
A

andy88

Reaction score
I can enter the Download mode (Volume down, Home, Power) combo to download the firmware via Odin but have met issues such as missing PIT. I have a few PIT files (downloaded online) such as the stock version among others - again not working for me. It always gives error such as PIT file not found or it freezes with message (SetupConnection) among others.

Any other suggestions ? I am really going through a difficult period at the moment as this is my primary phone and I can't get it working. I don't mind losing my data as long as there is a way to reinstall firmware and use is fresh.

Please help me someone. Please.

maryamz

Reaction score
hey

I can enter the Download mode (Volume down, Home, Power) combo to download the firmware via Odin but have met issues such as missing PIT. I have a few PIT files (downloaded online) such as the stock version among others - again not working for me. It always gives error such as PIT file not found or it freezes with message (SetupConnection) among others.

Any other suggestions ? I am really going through a difficult period at the moment as this is my primary phone and I can't get it working. I don't mind losing my data as long as there is a way to reinstall firmware and use is fresh.

Please help me someone. Please.

were you able to find the solution andy?? i am facing the same problem. please help!!