Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

EL Lacost

Reaction score
First time I watch something like this live and it was awesome even though some stuff didnt work like the face detection but still im 100% shure I want this phone new

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

Vakharn

Reaction score
The lag was a bit disappointing, I'm curious if that was anything to do with the large display they had it hooked up to.

EL Lacost

Reaction score
Yes I think it was lagy because of it being conected to that projector

Odin Rooted Samsung Fascinate

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't see anything new? Are you kidding? Screen? Amazingly fast Camera + it's features, face unlock(I won't use it), voice to text (lol, they messed up on they, hey man = mad?) instant, uh.. settings features, data manager, the AWESOME task manager to finally REALLY stop apps running in the background unless launched, gmail and other app upgrades, google + features from camera, panorama, everything else listed on the first page of this thread, etc.

Goodbye Droid 3.. this things goin on eBay for like 250-300 so it gets bought fast. Then time to use my Mom's upgrade.. it's like I'm just getting a free switch of phones. :)

donzz

Reaction score
didn't really see much of anything new..... overall not impressed.
There was a lot new..the camera, the browser, face unlock, contacts, screen size, font and ton's of other stuff I can't even remember.

UNC

Reaction score
I actually had thought about getting the razr this morn after the unveil, but the advances in ics alone make the Nexus my next phone; especially with the track history of the motorola/verizon updates on my droid1

*confused*Droid went from 2.0>2.1>2.2 officially. How many android phones have received that many updates????

wetwilly1643

Reaction score
I am totally getting this. I was impressed and this was the first time i watched something like this. I really enjoyed it and had my roomate watch it . He was thinking about the Razr but not anymore.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
A lot new, and a lot of enhancements. I'm sure many like myself were hoping for something earth shattering, but what's left really? Just looks to be very, very solid all-around. My suspicion was ICS was finally going to be a pretty polished Android (the phone tech helps, too) and we are probably very close.

Don't know if they got the hardware acceleration in this or not. That's kind of the final piece. Re-sizeable widgets, stock, is pretty big too. Didn't hear anything about additional homescreens or any tweaks there - certainly hope so with all the added power and functionality. Of course, with my Sweeterhome launcher I can have as many homescreens as this thing can handle.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I am totally getting this. I was impressed and this was the first time i watched something like this. I really enjoyed it and had my roomate watch it . He was thinking about the Razr but not anymore.

Outside of the camera (well the display is wicked nice, too), that presentation was mostly ICS. I have a suspicion that if the RAZR isn't unlocked sooner rather than later (remember, Google is buying Moto), it will get ICS pretty quickly. Google will probably just throw Sammie a bone with a few months of exclusivity - I say RAZR has ICS by the end of January, possibly sooner.

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
*confused*Droid went from 2.0>2.1>2.2 officially. How many android phones have received that many updates????
Well the OG was a pretty much pure google experience especially when it first released and verizon didnt put ne of there crap in there. But the motoblur has to be updated and all that which delays and setbacks the updates when a new android os comes out

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
To me what really impressed was ICS. The NEXUS phone is cool and all, but I still am cool with my BIONIC. Considering there is no reason why it can't run ICS.

Now I just gotta wait for someone to put it on it :D

UNC

Reaction score
I'll just leave this here...

"It is because of the OMAP4460 processor that the Galaxy Nexus will only have the PowerVR SGX540 GPU, an antiquated beast from 2007 that can actually be found underneath the hood of last year’s Nexus S, and in the Droid Bionic. The SGX540 is very weak compared to the Mali-400 GPU found in Samsung’s Exynos SoC (the one that powers the Galaxy S II), and it’s positively snail-paced against the Apple A5′s SGX543MP2.
What this means is that the Galaxy Nexus is going to be slightly faster than the Droid Bionic, slower than the Galaxy S II by a small margin, and significantly slower than the A5-powered iPhone 4S. The Galaxy Nexus might have a larger, brighter, higher-resolution screen than the iPhone 4′s Retina display, but it won’t necessarily have the graphics chops to actually render OpenGL games at 1280×720 at smooth framerates."

-source

About ICS, will phones with 4 buttons not receive ICS? Will there be one button that does nothing on older phones?