Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Google Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich Launched!

Vakharn

Reaction score
Well I did a little searching and found some nice photos taken with the Galaxy Nexus, as well as some comparisons of the Galaxy Nexus' camera with the iPhone 4S's Camera.

Photos and 1080p video from Galaxy Nexus: Samsung Galaxy Nexus camera and 1080p video samples -- Engadget

Comparison photos of and from Galaxy Nexus and iPhone 4S: Galaxy Nexus vs. iPhone 4S comparison photos | This is my next...

My conclusion? The Galaxy Nexus does more with its 5MP than the iPhone 4S does with its 8mp, and it does it faster. That's pretty damn impressive in my book.

gthotie5

Reaction score
Some of you still have your info wrong lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
Well written Vakharn. Like Truss said earlier, it will have HDMI out capabilities through the USB port. It's called MHL I believe. And I just have a few things to add.

I doubt the screen on the Rezound is better than the Galaxy Nexus screen because going by what HTC has put out lately, their screens have been sort of lackluster. I believe we'll be okay with the pentile HD SAMOLED display. I honestly have no problems with it now on my Bionic and I can see the screen in direct sunlight.

Okay, I need some clarification here.... are you guys saying the bionic uses a amoled display? Because unless I'm completely out of the loop (which is possible) I'm pretty sure the bionics display is a pentile matrix LCD screen and I've never seen any mention of a pentile matrix amoled display untill your post and the guy you were responding too.

Vakharn

Reaction score
A couple of updates from other topics: The battery IS replaceable but it includes the NFC antenna, so it will probably be expensive, and the Galaxy Nexus does support HDMI output through HML micro USB to HDMI adapters.

Steve

Reaction score
I have checked what the prices are going for on the Galaxy Note which is being released in Europe and it's around the $950 US dollars when I converted currencies, so $800 is about right without a contract. Remember that's where the carrier's make their money back after discounting the prices to attract buyers to get the latest/greatest. It's just what are YOU willing to pay to have the newest thing on the streets! Me I'll eat pbj sandwiches and ramin to keep my grandfathered unlimited family data contract!:p

Vakharn

Reaction score
Okay, I need some clarification here.... are you guys saying the bionic uses a amoled display? Because unless I'm completely out of the loop (which is possible) I'm pretty sure the bionics display is a pentile matrix LCD screen and I've never seen any mention of a pentile matrix amoled display untill your post and the guy you were responding too.

The Bionic does not have an amoled screen, but it's a pentile matrix screen, so he was saying that he has no problem with the pentile screen on his bionic, so he doesn't think he'll have any problem with the screen on the Galaxy Nexus which is a pentile matrix amoled. I don't like the screen on the bionic, but I don't think I'll have any problem with the screen on the Galaxy Nexus because A: It has significantly higher pixel density. B: It's a different type of pentile matrix, with a different subpixel setup (or so I read somewhere, can't recall where exactly) and C: I've seen extremely high res photos of the Galaxy Nexus screen and it looks *PERFECT* even at 3000x2000 res. None of the weird banding issues you get with the pentile screens on the motorola phones.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the Galaxy Nexus. The RAZR also users a SAMOLED display. I guess I was vague when I was talking about the pentile screen on my Bionic.

DawsonMobley

Reaction score
I was referring to the Galaxy Nexus. The RAZR also users a SAMOLED display. I guess I was vague when I was talking about the pentile screen on my Bionic.

Gotcha:biggrin:...What threw me off is it looked like you were saying the bionic has a amoled display. So does the Droid charge use this pentile matrix amoled as well or is that something new from samsung? I just got my wife a charge and the screen looks beautiful aside from lacking the ability to display bright whites...none of the screendoor I can see so easily in the bionic and droid3.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotcha:biggrin:...What threw me off is it looked like you were saying the bionic has a amoled display. So does the Droid charge use this pentile matrix amoled as well or is that something new from samsung? I just got my wife a charge and the screen looks beautiful aside from lacking the ability to display bright whites...none of the screendoor I can see so easily in the bionic and droid3.
Nope. AMOLED displays use pentile matrix and so do the HD SAMOLED displays but not the SAMLOED displays....or at least not the SAMLOED+ displays.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I loved every piece of that presentation. I am drooling over Ice Cream right now. I can't wait. I loved the Nexus and want one. I sure SURE hope its still around in March when my upgrade is here. 5 megapixel is just fine for me with the capabilities the camera has on that phone. The rest...well, it speaks for itself and it says I'M AWESOME!

That's when mine was up..they just offered me an early up...plus 150 towards phone..but I only have till dec.....I was about 5 or 6 months away....peace! Of course my area has no 4g yet..maybe that's why..lol its called a 4g upgrade promo..call and get details...I just got word from my ex wife and she sent me the voicemail they left...its real...I'm stoked but not sure if I want the prime, or the razor or which is really better for my hardcore flashing and MODing ways...lol

You juss been TAPPED! by the drummer
LIQUID 3.0 or Anything but Stock!!!!
<><>-------------------PEACE---------------------<><>