Samsung fascinate root?

cdroid1

Reaction score
Ok so I have been waiting for 2.2 to come to the fascinate and am getting frustrated..is it worth it to root it and put it on there or should I wait until verizon decides they want to actually provide good service for paying customers? Benefits of rooting? How in the world you do it? And chances of bucking my phone? Anyone who can help its much appreciated, thanx

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd wait until you start seeing developers release builds of 2.2 which shouldn't take long. Root is an entirely new world but, stuff can get really messed up without proper knowledge and/or research before changing/removing things. The actual process won't mess anything up, its what's done incorrectly afterwards. Z4root works for the Fascinate though. Since its release in November, it has yet to mess a phone up.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html

Read that and then decide if you want to proceed.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
C

cdroid1

Reaction score
Thanks for both of your replies and inputs it helps. But I an a but of a newbe when it comes to the android, I switched from my BB, what are kernels and roms? And yea I know how things go jan 10th will turn into march. Hopefully not tho!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App