Samsung Adds Support For Wells Fargo

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

One of the most exciting features of Samsung's Galaxy lineup is Samsung Pay. This service allows you to use your mobile phone to pay at pretty much every payment kiosk that uses magnetic strip pay cards. I have really wanted to try this out for such a long time. Unfortunately it is not supported by Regions. Today however Samsung announced they have finally added support for Wells Fargo.

Samsung Pay now supports 70 banks and credit unions. This means that about 70 percent of the credit and debit card market in the US is now supported. Hopefully Samsung will be able to get Regions added soon. I'd love to finally be able to try this out.

via Samsung

More S7 and S7 Edge Discussion

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Finally!!!

Too bad it was after that deal where they gave you a wireless charger...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I stay away from the big banks since '08. I use a small local bank that's been in business over 90yrs. My SO uses a local credit union. Both provide MUCH better rates, better customer servic etc.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I stay away from the big banks since '08. I use a small local bank that's been in business over 90yrs. My SO uses a local credit union. Both provide MUCH better rates, better customer servic etc.
Is your local bank FDIC? Most aren't. I have horrible service with my 2 credit unions. I'd rather deal with my big bank. There I can actually escalate a problem instead of having the bank manager come over and insistently tell me it's my fault.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally!!!

Too bad it was after that deal where they gave you a wireless charger...

The have new deals every so often, I would have rather liked the wireless headphones that was their most recent promotion, but couldn't.

shockracer

Reaction score
A lot of places around me are switching or have switched to the chip only, does SP still work?

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Same. I use a bank that called Rabobank that is based in the Netherlands, has been in business since 1890, didn't suffer during the housing crisis/bank bailout in the last decade and has some of the best customer support I've ever had with a bank. The folks in the local branch are wonderful too. They came to the US not that long ago as a retail bank only but opened up to personal accounts. I've been using them for 8 or so years now without any trouble. Sadly, they'll likely never be put on Android Pay or Samsung Pay.

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
A lot of places around me are switching or have switched to the chip only, does SP still work?
Actual card isn't used during purchase. A virtual card is that is linked to your credit card via Samsung/Apple/Google pay.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Is your local bank FDIC? Most aren't. I have horrible service with my 2 credit unions. I'd rather deal with my big bank. There I can actually escalate a problem instead of having the bank manager come over and insistently tell me it's my fault.

Yep, it is FDIC insured. I wouldn't have gone with them if they weren't. I absolutely agree with your view on credit unions, but my SO actually found a really good one. I've actually considered switching to her CU, but I'm really happy with my bank.

shockracer

Reaction score
Actual card isn't used during purchase. A virtual card is that is linked to your credit card via Samsung/Apple/Google pay.

Right, but SP broadcasts to the strip reader on the machine. So if the stores machine requires you to insert your card so it can read the chip on your card SP won't work, right?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Right, but SP broadcasts to the strip reader on the machine. So if the stores machine requires you to insert your card so it can read the chip on your card SP won't work, right?
That transaction won't be with your card that requires a chip/pin. It can be some random MasterCard/visa. The store won't know the difference but the pay(Google,Samsung,etc) will to charge your actual cc.

These pay systems won't require a card to be inserted, defeats the purpose of tap and pay.