Samsung Accidentally (Intentionally) Leaks Pic of Galaxy Note 8.0 Tab in Other Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
note8_1-in-background.jpg

Some observant folks were checking out some new press pics from Samsung for the Garnet Red edition of the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, and found something far more interesting hiding in plain site in the background. Behind the chef with the cupcakes is a poster of an Android tablet that is not a Galaxy Note 10.1, but is more than likely the Galaxy Note 8.0! It seems highly unlikely that Samsung would accidentally miss something like that, especially since that pic all but officially confirms the look of the new device.

What do you think? Clever marketing or lucky flub?

Thanks to all of our tipsters!

Source: AndroidAuthority

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I think I'll be getting one of those. I love my Nexus 7, but that S-Pen....oh its a thing of beauty.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that I believe that is the picture of the Note 8.0. Android Authority (and various other sites) is saying that the picture looks the same as the picture that was leaked a couple of weeks ago. They show both in their article. I don't think that they look the same at all. The new picture shows a wider bezel, more distance between the physical home button and the screen, different placement of the front facing camera and a much bigger lens opening, less distance between the camera and the other sensors next to the speaker and no return and menu touch buttons beside the physical home button. I'm thinking that the older picture showing an actual tablet (working or not) is more likely the real one than the new picture. I guess we'll know in 11 days.