Same issue with all One Click Rooting software in need of some help

erisp

Reaction score
I have tried almost all One Click Programs to get root for my Droid 2. I always have the same issue. I'm running 2.3.3

The screen says

Bootloader

Battery ok
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

All of the software detects my phone goes to the first step reboots then I get this screen.

What can be the cause?

Thanks

lizard

Reaction score
What screen? If your having trouble getting a screenshot up, try to describe it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

lizard

Reaction score
When I'm using the one click method I used, I was not at the bootloader screen. Your not flashing it, your rooting it, right? Your phone should be on normally. When you plug it in, it will recognize phone and when you pull down notification blind you will see a tab for usb connection. Select tab. Select pc mode or sometimes it works in charge only. I use pc mode, just put it to charge only when your done rooting or your phone won't charge. Also you will need to enable usb debugging. Settings>applications>development>enable usb debugging. Yes to prompt. Then click away!

densetsu86

Reaction score
I got this when i did my mothers phone a way to by pass this is to when you get that screen turn off the phone unplug it from the charger and power it one once you get the moto screen or launcher starts plug it back in and the process will continue.

Do not exit out of the program. Keep it running. It will get rooted with super user rights added just fine. Tried it on a wim cause i was getting annoyed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

densetsu86

Reaction score
When I'm using the one click method I used, I was not at the bootloader screen. Your not flashing it, your rooting it, right? Your phone should be on normally. When you plug it in, it will recognize phone and when you pull down notification blind you will see a tab for usb connection. Select tab. Select pc mode or sometimes it works in charge only. I use pc mode, just put it to charge only when your done rooting or your phone won't charge. Also you will need to enable usb debugging. Settings>applications>development>enable usb debugging. Yes to prompt. Then click away!

I know exactly what hes talking about and those won't work. I done this with my x2 and never saw this but with the d2 this was coming up and i could not find an answer untill.i tried what i just wrote. He should be i just charge only and debugging in the first place. Before even attempting to root. And this problem will be there. I think its because of the debugging but im not a smartphone nerd so your guess.would be better then mine.

Keep program running, reboots into that screen unplug restart phone once the moto logo comes on plug the usb back in program does not have a clue what you did and it will continue the process and you need to do that again if the phone does a second reboot and it will be rooted at the end with out any problems although wifi tether was acting funny on the d2. Thats about it.

Last edited:
OP
E

erisp

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Ill also try to get a screen shot but its all black and looks like dos. So its just a black screen that says:

Bootloader

Battery ok
Ok to program
Connect USB
Data Cable

I have spaced it out so it looks similiar. Just a black screen with the words that I bolded in black are white.

Last edited:

densetsu86

Reaction score
Have you tried what i said? I had this exact problem although the bootloader said 1.16 (i think) it will get rooted if you do it how i said. The program won't know you unpluged it. It just gets it passed that screen and just replug it in after you see the moto m logo or when the launcher starts (at the eye screen).

OP
E

erisp

Reaction score
I will let you know how it works tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestions.

It may sound crazy but with unsuccessful roots will there be any issues with my phone? Each time I try the one click with failures I hard reset it for fear of issues it might cause?

OP
E

erisp

Reaction score
Thank you both!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked like a charm.. I did exactly what you said and pulled the cord out each time when it turned off each time for reboot and put the cable each time I saw the M logo.. It worked like a charm. It took like 1 minute if that..

densetsu86

Reaction score
Your welcome good sir.

Found this solution myself cause i tried looking for one and couldn't find any info on this and other people with a d2 never had the issue. So i experimented after the 15th try i was like maybe if i do this. And i was surprised it worked but it made sense in theory.

Happy flashing or what not.