RSD Lite won't recognize my Droid 2 as a drive.

lukecda

Reaction score
I have a Droid 2 that I received without an OS. The screen displayed "Bootloader D2.35 Err:A5,70,70,001F MEM_MAP Blank Service Req'd Battery Low Can not Program". I bought a universal charger and have a full charge on it at this time and the screen message says "Bootloader D2.35 Err:A5,70,70,001F MEM_MAP Blank Service Req'd Battery OK OK to Program Connect USB Data Cable". I have RSD Lite V 5.6 installed on my PC as well as Boot File 4 droid2\1FF-p3_droid2we_cdma_droid2we-user-2.3.4-4.5.1_57_D2GA-59-120117-test-keys-signed-Verizon-US.sbf loaded in RSD Lite. When i click the "Show Device" button it can't find the phone, which is connected via USB and ON and showing the error msg. Of course the "Start" button doesn't do anything either. The PC does make the 2 tone notification sounds of when a USB device is connected but the phone (as a drive) doesn't show up in the My Computer file either. I only intend to use this phone for apps and camera things, not as a phone. There is no contract. Thanks in advance for reading this and I hope you can spare some time to give me some advice.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
thats the wrong sbf, you have a droid 2 a955

OP
lukecda

lukecda

Reaction score
Tried the correct sbf, but the phone is unresponsive to anything

Thanks for the link to the correct sbf, but I still can't get the phone to show anything except the error msg and the PC can't find the phone. I finally got an error msg that says, " One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." If the phone were fried though, I wouldn't think that I'd still get the the Bootloader msg. Any thoughts are appreciated.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
try Droid2_621_SBF-and-RootCD.iso
it's live linux program you burn to disc, reboot to disc, and flash sbf with that

see video here
[video=youtube;rQgpy7SMxx0]http://youtu.be/rQgpy7SMxx0"]How to ezSBF plus Root the Droid 2 on android 2.3.4[/video]-Tomsgt123
and

[video=youtube;X4LrV9_RTZw]http://youtu.be/X4LrV9_RTZw"] Flashing 2.3.4/ 4.5.62x SBF with ezSBF[/video]

Last edited:
OP
lukecda

lukecda

Reaction score
I tried that link but it says that the the uploader denies permission to download. If you happen to have another link I'd be grateful.

OP
lukecda

lukecda

Reaction score
Prospects are dimming for the little Droid 2. The check sum worked, the PC was booted and the download ran and I opted for choice 1 which was the sbf rather than the Root, but at the end it gave me " Failed!! usb_bulk_read -110. Thanks again

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
you are using motorola usb data cable?
could try a
different
usb cable
usb port rear ones may work better
pc/mac

OP
lukecda

lukecda

Reaction score
HOORAY! I have a functioning Droid 2 phone. I just tried to do the same thing over because I'd seen posts of others trying that and it worked. The Linux boot up went smoother on the pc this time too, so maybe insanity isn't repeating the same act and hoping for a different result. Anyway thanks a ton.