SafeStrap updated to v3.11 for the Droid BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX, and D4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
images

Development continues for aging devices like the Droid Bionic, og RAZR, and D4! Developer "HashCode" has updated his SafeStrap to version 3.11. The most notable feature in this update is the ability to flash to the "Stock Rom" slot! This is huge. You will now be able to change the rom in your unsafe system and flash between it and your custom roms on the fly. The new "flash to stock rom" feature is still in testing so you should be very careful with this. Some support for flashing Custom Roms on the Stock system is included in this update as well as some bug fixes (in particular the fake flash error at the end of a .zip install). Virtual system partitions are now 640mb. This is still based on Team Win Recovery Project and has an easy to use touch UI.

Grab the Updated of SafeStrap here and discuss

azdrifter

Reaction score
I thought that this was already in the 3.5 version the ability to switch from stock to custom Rom on the fly, I have 3.5 on my bionic right now and have been doing that since I installed it. Maybe I am confused in what this means and it's something different then what I am thinking about?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Safestrap has always had the feature to switch between a stock and custom rom, but prior to the 3.11 release, you could not flash anything to the stock system. Now, you are able to flash over the stock rom, much like using clockwork mod prior to safestraps release

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Also "on the fly"
Its MUCH faster at switching roms

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

azdrifter

Reaction score
Safestrap has always had the feature to switch between a stock and custom rom, but prior to the 3.11 release, you could not flash anything to the stock system. Now, you are able to flash over the stock rom, much like using clockwork mod prior to safestraps release

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OK thanks for clarifying that for me I will update to the newer version on my bionic for sure !

kellym

Reaction score
Thanks

Many thanks for these tools and the awesome YouTube videos!