Safestrap kills webtop

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Every time I use safestrap to try another rom, webtop doesn't work. Nor does my lapdock, which I love and use a lot!

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

jayman350

Reaction score
you need to provide some more information in order for anyone to be able to help. what are you currently running as your base rom (GB or ICS)? What other roms are you trying to use?

FYI, Any of the ICS roms built over GB (basically if it was done before the ics leaks from last week) will not have a functional webtop, which will mean that your lapdock won't work either.

I am using safestrap on the 2233 ICS leak and have had no issues with webtop. Webtop 3.0 is really nice compared to what it used to be

OP
Cooly1911

Cooly1911

Reaction score
Your right, sorry I was in a hurry.
I have the Bionic, currently running Eclipse 3.0. I haven't tried any new ics leaks, that said none of the custom roms I've tried, using safestrap, will run my lapdock. If I switch off safestrap, stock rom, lapdock works. I've spent a couple hrs web surfing for a fix, but only found a lot of posts with the same complaint.
I figured the best way to get a fix was to post my problem here!!
Thanks again

Reaction score
Widely reported problem. If you are on a GB rom and want webtop, ditch Safestrap. (FYI, not sure whether this still applies if you're on the ICS leak and Safestrap 2.0.)

dluke

Reaction score
would it be possible using safestrap to run the ICS 2233 leak on one side and then just the 905 GB on the other side? so you'd have webtop 3.0 on one side and 2.0 on the other?

sonofskywalker3

Reaction score
would it be possible using safestrap to run the ICS 2233 leak on one side and then just the 905 GB on the other side? so you'd have webtop 3.0 on one side and 2.0 on the other?

No. Safestrap basically creates images of your data/system/cache partitions and switches between two sets when you enable/disable safe system. It doesn't (and can't) change kernel/webtop. Also you couldn't run a GB rom if you've upgraded to the ICS kernel, and you can't run an ICS rom on the GB kernel. It would be cool, cause i did like having the full firefox to watch hulu (not a plus subscriber), but 3.0 is well worth losing it.