Safest method to unroot a droid 1

Eschy

Reaction score
So i have used rsd lite a few times for rooting but never to unroot a phone, and have seen enough posts on here to make me uncomfortable using rsd to unroot because most of the problems with rsd come from unrooting as far as i can tell. I know there is another method which is to use the stock nandroid backup i made but im not sure if that is the best method of doing it. Basically my questions are should i use rsd to unroot, which sbf should i use or does it matter (the current build on the phone is frg22) i just need to know if i can flash frg83 or if i should use a earlier build, also what version of rsd lite runs the best i saw a couple posts saying 4.8 was giving some trouble. Any help is greatly appreciated. Im freaking out about it becuase i hate using rsd i would prefer avoiding it if at all possible!

OP
E

Eschy

Reaction score
sorry about that didnt know i saw a few posts with people saying they were getting errors in their bootloaders when unrooting. Not exactly sure but i think it was bp pass error or something along those lines, I think they were using an old bootloader but when they updated they had a similar problem. the problem was never resolved from what i could tell. Really the only reason im nervous is that i am uncertain as to which sbf to flash seeing as there are about 7 of them and i've never done it. Really all i need to know is which one (if it matters) i should flash. Rooting the phone was very straightforward but unrooting help threads are generally a bit old and i am not sure if they are up to date (they probably are i just want to make sure). I just like to know as much i possibly can before doing anything im unfamiliar with. Ill look for the post(s) im referring to.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Most of those are driver errors, so as long as you're running the latest version of the drivers, RSD Lite 4.6-4.9, have administrator access on your PC, and aren't trying to fix a phone that has a hardware error, you should be okay.

:)

As for the SBF, it depends on what you're trying to do. Take it in for service? Any and all of them are pretty much fine. Restore it from a bad state so you can reroot? An earlier one is better than a later one, especially if you're going to ROM it. Tell me what you need to unroot the phone for and I'll help you find the right one and provide a download link for it. :)

OP
E

Eschy

Reaction score
Just to get it back to stock to bring it in to verizon, its not broken and they arent bringing it in. Its for the off chance that it might break because its still under warranty. Thank you very much you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Ah, in that case, this thread will really help you out. :)

www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-rooted-help/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

As for the SBF in question, this is the one you want to keep on your computer in case you need it, then. Oh, and I can provide an SBF for you to flash to get used to the whole procedure that will only replace your recovery -- or that won't even do that, just reinstall whatever recovery you have. I have one for all three of the Droid recoveries -- SPR, CWM, and RZR. But, yeah, here's the SBF to put the phone back to stock.

http://bit.ly/gMigiv

Then, install this so you can have the latest version of the OS just in case you're anal like me. :)

http://wonderly.com/bb/DROID/OEM/signed-voles-FRG83G-ota.zip

OP
E

Eschy

Reaction score
Ill take the CWM just to get reacquainted with the software its been a while. Also thanks again that was very helpful.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint