Safe to leave ICS for Jelly Bean????

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
I'm still deciding as well. My phone works good for the most part. But part of me is curious.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I'm still hesitating because if you don't like it, jelly bean, there's no going back. Not that ICS
is great or anything like it, battery life sucks big time compared to GB. The battery life was the only reason I went the. 215 route

Last edited:

nhepler90

Reaction score
i think jelly bean is amazing, i have always had great battery life with my razr maxx (and my last 2 phones, droid 1 and droid 3) if you are into rooting and such, i would recommend giving the aokp spyder nightly 6-15-2013 ROM a go. its a 4.2.2 build that is my daily driver it brought back some things that i believe that 4.1.2 jelly bean doesnt have like increasing volume for your alarms a lot of stuff you can customize to keep RAM free and such. i am also overclocked to a constant 1200 MHz and i can get a couple days out of my maxx.

I try not to pick out bad things and hate the new updates that come out because eventually i will customize enough to come to terms and enjoy it, and they usually fix them with more updates.

pretty much, you will never know if you will like it unless you try it.
and if you are not sure, like someone said a few posts earlier, if you have a friend that does have jellybean mess around with it and see if you like the feel of it.

OP
E

EA.Droyd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo, 64GB
i think jelly bean is amazing, i have always had great battery life with my razr maxx (and my last 2 phones, droid 1 and droid 3) if you are into rooting and such, i would recommend giving the aokp spyder nightly 6-15-2013 ROM a go. its a 4.2.2 build that is my daily driver it brought back some things that i believe that 4.1.2 jelly bean doesnt have like increasing volume for your alarms a lot of stuff you can customize to keep RAM free and such. i am also overclocked to a constant 1200 MHz and i can get a couple days out of my maxx.

I try not to pick out bad things and hate the new updates that come out because eventually i will customize enough to come to terms and enjoy it, and they usually fix them with more updates.

pretty much, you will never know if you will like it unless you try it.
and if you are not sure, like someone said a few posts earlier, if you have a friend that does have jellybean mess around with it and see if you like the feel of it.
Will do, however, I still don't understand why they dropped the alarm clock.

nhepler90

Reaction score
Yeah, there isn't an alarm app, I have the stock clock widget on my home screen that you just press and the alarm icon is on the bottom left of the next screen. Its all still there, just other ways to get to it.