Safe to buy at costco?

Dizzo1992

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering is it safe to buy at costco? Do they have like cheaper phones to say than like at a verizon store. Cuz i was looking to buy the droid incredible 2 tomorrow and its super cheap there like $70 compared to like $200 at a verizon store. I wasnt sure if they were like bad phones there and if anybody had any experience there thanks for the help :)

http://membershipwireless.com/index.../utm_medium/banner1h/utm_campaign/Incredible2

mkcm97

Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering is it safe to buy at costco? Do they have like cheaper phones to say than like at a verizon store. Cuz i was looking to buy the droid incredible 2 tomorrow and its super cheap there like $70 compared to like $200 at a verizon store. I wasnt sure if they were like bad phones there and if anybody had any experience there thanks for the help :)

DROID INCREDIBLE 2 by HTC* by Verizon Wireless - Mobile phone cellphone wireless phones

I bought my phone from costco (d1), and i'm really happy with it. give it a go, they have a good return policy.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I don't see why not? I plan on buying my phone from there when i have my upgrade in august. I love the savings at costco and i'm pretty sure they usually throw in accessories for free when you buy a new phone there.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
I work for Costco and the phone upgrades and 2 new yr activations are legit. Verizon wanted for my $149.99 for my DX. Costco gave it to me for $69.99 CAN U SAY MEGA SAVINGS!!! Anyway the phones u get there are sold to u by wholesale price. Plus the give u a free case and car charger. Can't beat that. The only downside is that they have selected phones u can buy but very good selection but not the whole Verizon store.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
D

Dizzo1992

Reaction score
Yeah i think it should be safe cant wait till i get my droid incredible 2 another question do i need to bring my phone for the upgrade? Cuz my dad was gonna get it after work but does he need my phone? I have like all my pictures and videos on my laptop and backup assistant.

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Yeah i think it should be safe cant wait till i get my droid incredible 2 another question do i need to bring my phone for the upgrade? Cuz my dad was gonna get it after work but does he need my phone? I have like all my pictures and videos on my laptop and backup assistant.

not with CDMA phones, they won't touch your phone once unless you ask them to transfer the contacts. But it will render your current phone useless.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Yes u do need ur phones. He needed my phone for verification on the s/n to make sure it was my phone. u no like just in case it wasn't mine. Use backup assistant. Backs up ur contacts and u can redownload anytime it even backs them up when u add a new contact

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Always make sure you fully read and understand the terms with any reseller.

erich93063

Reaction score
Yes. We just bought one and are totally happy and will probably only buy from Costco in the future. Not only are the phones usually cheaper, in our case by like $100 compared to getting it from Verizon for the one my wife got, but they threw in a case, a car charger and a wired head set which I would not have gotten at Verizon, but the BEST part is they have a 90 day exchange policy. I'm not positive what Verizon's is if you get it through them , but I think it's only 15 days if that. So yeah, Costco is great.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Costco does have 90 day return but the phones r 15 return. Sometimes if ur in the gray area they will b nice and return.

Crispityyy

Reaction score
Costco does have 90 day return but the phones r 15 return. Sometimes if ur in the gray area they will b nice and return.

Huh? I'm confused at what you are trying to say...

I want to be able to buy my phone at Costco, and then if after a month I dont like it, I want to be able to take it back. Do they allow this?

JScharf92

Reaction score
i got my x at costco after they were all sold out at verizon. best thing ever. I got a free case, headphones (even though they werent great they were something), a bluetooth, and a car charger. and im not sure if they do this everywhere but mine came with a voucher for 100 free photo prints from my phone to the costco print center. you can still go into verizon for support or anything you need. i went to verizon the next day cause i had questions. i would recommend that if costco sells the phone you want to definitely get it there. even non-smartphones

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
Costco used to do 90days return on the phone but not anymore. They took it out due to to high volume of returns for newer phones. Kinda like upgrading ur phone without the upgrade u r granted in ur phone contract