Solved Safe Mode

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
When I press and hold the power off button and select start in safe mode, the phone restarts and won't allow a fingerprint, it requests my security code first. But, I can't get the keyboard to come up so I can enter my security code.
I forgot how to get around this. I might have deleted all fingerprints, or something.
Also, wanted to ask....
When using fingerprint security...
And, starting up the phone, it would pop up the screen requesting my security code first, automatically. But not, it seems to make me go to another step to input the security code first.​

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
don't know about the keyboard in safemode bit. as far as powering off then on and it asking for security code, that is a security feature I first noticed when nougat was first installed. you can still use your fingerprint to wake it. as far as I know, there is no way around it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I haven't put my phone in Safe Mode in a long time, haven't had a need to luckily (knock on wood). But I would imagine that Google disables the fingerprint unlock in Safe Mode since Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool and not a normal boot sequence. I believe the normal screen lock options are still PIN, Pattern or Password and things like fingerprint and facial unlock are "features" and not standard unlock options.

As far as the keyboard not working on the Safe Mode lock screen...sounds like a bug in the software to me. Maybe Nougat Safe Mode is not quite up to par?

For the last part, I think what you are referring to is the unlock code (PIN, Pattern or Password) after a reboot. The way I understand the current security policy is that you will have to unlock with a primary security rule after every reboot, once every 72 hours, or after a deep sleep and no activity. Something like that. Some mornings I can simply swipe to unlock and other mornings after long periods of inactivity I have to enter my unlock pattern.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
TxDoc

TxDoc

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1635-01
It was something to do with Smart Lock. I disabled that and use the PIN Lock. I can start in Safe Mode this way.