Safe Mode

brian.bsi

Reaction score
I did not see this anywhere on this forum, so I thought I would add the info.

Allthough I am not sure yet what the use of this is, safe mode on the moto droid is very easy to get to.

Power down the phone completely.

Hold the gold directional key on the keyboard down while powering up the Phone. Hold this key till you get a long vibration. This gets you into safe mode.

bigjohn

Reaction score
perhaps it's like osx safemode, reboot with only required kernel, directory check, etc for troubleshooting.

OP
B

brian.bsi

Reaction score
Could be I know everything seems to work expect for some miss. apps. I was wondering if it could be like single user mode on a Linux box. I do not think so but i am still trying to figure out if there is any benefit to it at this point.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well there have been known to be an app or two that can keep crashing your phone until it is removed, bad part is that you can't remove it because it crashes your phone to the point you can't remove it normally. So i would imagine that's why they made the safe mode, for rare instances like that.

tjhefferon

Reaction score
Ok here is my problem.......some how yesterday while playing with my new droid my friend turned on safe mode......this doesn't allow me to download apps......and I have looked and have only found how to turn safe mode on.......not off.........so how do u turn safe mode off?

milehi202

Reaction score
what is safe mode? verizon to me to power off,than open key board and hold menu key and power key.. the safe mode appears in bottom left corner of screen!! but tech-support wont tell me what it does and how long to keep it in this mode...can some explain what this is (Safe-Mode)

mad3963

Reaction score
what is safe mode? verizon to me to power off,than open key board and hold menu key and power key.. the safe mode appears in bottom left corner of screen!! but tech-support wont tell me what it does and how long to keep it in this mode...can some explain what this is (Safe-Mode)

Verizon is stealing all your info! Muahahaha! :icon_evil:

theecigarman

Reaction score
So during the last week my DX screen has been staying on when charging the phone. I even turn the phone "off" with the power button on top and the screen comes back on. I have also noticed that the keyboard pops up randomly regardless of actions. It has now gone into safe mode and regardless of what I do.

Has anybody heard of the DX going into safe mode? Even after a factory reset.

Last edited:

Vzwtech

Reaction score
Try an alt hard restart. I forgot what buttons to press but you can google it. Usually passing and holding power button while holding the menu or home button

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the first time I've seen this. Which means I have nothing for you. Especially if you've already done a factory reset.

This appears to be something the Warranty Center should take care of for you. They will send you a new one. I wouldn't even mention you did the factory reset.

And if you just reset phone through your settings that may not be enough. I would go into SPR. Shut phone off, then hold home button and power at same time. After the /\/\ comes on, let go of power hold home until the little Droid with the triangle pops up. Let go of everything and hit your search button to get into Recovery. And if you did this I'm at a lose.

That stinks, sorry.

Last edited:

theecigarman

Reaction score
vzwtech, I might check that out.

chkmate, The vzw rep for tech support told me to do the factory reset...... VZW has never seen it either.

BTW, they are sending me a "new" to me phone.

Reaction score
what does it mean when safe mode comes on in the bottom left of the screen

CHS Baseball 22

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It means the device booted into safe mode....