There is no safe mode for me.

russ0627

Reaction score
I have researched all the options concerning safe mode, and maybe I don't have the right combination yet, but my phone will not go into safe mode. I have followed the instuctions viperboy posted...hold (power+physical menu) until eye and vibrate occurs...didn't work. Tried power+gold center on D-pad...didn't work. I like to "tinker" around with the droid, but have been very hesitant to root as I have had to factory reset (power+x does work) a couple of times now because of Home ++ and Sweeterhome getting stuck in boot loop. Does anyone else have problems getting into safe mode? Can any of you droid wizards offer some assistance to a wannabe wizard. I really enjoy these forums and have learned SO much from all of you. :icon_ banana: Thanks

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
Try rebooting into recovery using an ADB command prompt

Last edited:
OP
R

russ0627

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion Greenblurr. I guess I will have to do more research on ADB, because I thought it was only used when rooting. Can you tell me what the steps that you show in your screen shot will do? Do I use this method when I am in a boot loop? I also thought the power+X was called the recovery mode. Sorry for all the questions, but I really appreciate your help.

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
Are you in boot loop now?

Youll have to download the Android SDK for your computer Power X will boot you into recovery mode as well. but this is just another way.

As for the X button not working for you, try these steps exactly:

1.While holding “X” on the physical keyboard, hold the power button to turn on the phone. You may let go of the power button, but do not let go of X.
2.After a few seconds, an Exclamation Mark icon will appear. You may now let go of X. To access Recovery Mode from the exclamation mark icon, hold the volume up button and then press the camera button.

OP
R

russ0627

Reaction score
You may have mis-read my post. I am able to get into recovery using the power+X, and that is how I did the factory reset. It is just a pain in the butt to factory reset and start over each time. I am not in a reboot loop now..the factory reset fixes it. I would however like to be able to go into safe mode to fix software issues and not use recovery mode/factory reset each time. Thanks for your help.

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
You will most likely need the Android SDK for that

you can use it to remove programs from the phone

I would find out what is causing all these boot loop issues and just not reinstall it...

Also, if you get root, you can put SPRecovery on the phone... and make a nandroid backup before each install, so if something goes wrong... restore the previous settings and it will be like you never installed the program in the first place.

Good Luck!

Last edited: