sad day for my OG droid

techRob

Reaction score
'Tis a sad day :(

I reported a couple nights ago about my DROID spazzing out after phone calls (this was done in a custom rom forum)...well, now it's taken to whenever i try to use it; the phone doesn't respond / vibrate on majority of the key presses whether it be the row at the base of the phone, or the icons on the touch-screen... :(

Sooo....i'm flashing back to stock (hopefully i can configure things somewhat), and if things are still fowled up, then back to VZW I go. :cry: thank goodness for insurance (i think). (yes, i've tried just reflashing a couple different roms, but the buttons still acted the same way, and the phone would still spaz out on me).

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Look on the bright side. You may get lucky and get a d2 for a replacement. The chances of that are slim, but you never know.

Are you still in your 1 year warranty? Good luck, hope things go well for you.

Domestic violence

Reaction score
So you're going to make an insurance claim after screwing your phone up by flashing a rom?

No wonder deductibles are so high

OP
techRob

techRob

Reaction score
ya know, i just might be within 1 year (barely)...hmmm...

The ROM had nothing to do with the spazzing out - I know; "Prove it" right? If it did, chances are pretty good it would have happened well before now. I won't be flashing a phone ever again though, just in case i run into other hardware issues. This phone has taken quite a few bumps (it's slipped out of my hand and gone flying across a parking lot on a number of occasions - today i slipped on some ice with it in my hand and basically landed on it).

...matter of fact....i can't even get it to power on anymore. (that was after a successful "back to stock" mission) :(

OP
techRob

techRob

Reaction score
WOW!! It suddenly powered on!! ..and i was able to get signed into it! There's hope for my lil baby yet :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you're going to make an insurance claim after screwing your phone up by flashing a rom?

No wonder deductibles are so high

Don't you know? Flashing a ROM never causes an issue. :rolleyes:
I've only flashed one ever, on my original Droid. I'll never do it again.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
It's not like it matters anyway, insurance protects against anything. Your not cheating them or anything. They have it capped at 2 per year so no that's not why deductibles are so high. I wouldn't really consider myself lucky if they gave me a Droid 2, I'll take the OG Droid over the 2 any day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
techRob

techRob

Reaction score
@jaycemiskel - Why would you take the OG over the D2? (i'm srsly curious)

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
All because of the unlocked bootloader. I know some will think I'm crazy but I just love being able to flash roms and not having to wait on Motorola to update. I actually like the keyboard on my Droid better too. There's so much customization in CM7.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk