S5 Verizon tempered glass screen protector

chris79

Reaction score
I put this on with the Otterbox Commuter case and couldn't be happier. The screen is crystal clear and cost the same as the 3 pack of plastic screen protectors.

Hartman3216

Reaction score
Yeah I have it with the I-blason armadillo case and is great! !

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

biglilome

Reaction score
with the tempered glass screen protectors. does it pick up finger residue or see fingerprints at all? just wanted to know cuz i've been trying to find some and wanted options.

Hartman3216

Reaction score
I can see smudges with the screen turned off, but when is on no problems!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
with the tempered glass screen protectors. does it pick up finger residue or see fingerprints at all? just wanted to know cuz i've been trying to find some and wanted options.
Almost all glass screen protectors have some level of fingerprint resistance, but over time it does wear off. However it's far easier to clean than your traditional screen protector.

I use the Tech Armor Ballistic screen protector on mine and won't ever go back to traditional screen protectors.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Thanks for sharing. It's great to hear what other members think about various screen savers.

I have to say I've been really pleased with the glass/screens on my last couple phones and have actually kept them nekkid (Charge and S3) with no problem. I've had my S3 for 2 just shy of 2 years and I don't baby it. It goes in and out of my purse and pockets. I'm hoping to do the same with the S5...but if there's something that I know won't take away from the nekkid interface feel then I'm all for it.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for sharing. It's great to hear what other members think about various screen savers.

I have to say I've been really pleased with the glass/screens on my last couple phones and have actually kept them nekkid (Charge and S3) with no problem. I've had my S3 for 2 just shy of 2 years and I don't baby it. It goes in and out of my purse and pockets. I'm hoping to do the same with the S5...but if there's something that I know won't take away from the nekkid interface feel then I'm all for it.
I've used just about every "traditional" screen protector out there and all claimed they "feel like glass", and I never thought that.

The day I saw the Tech Armor Ballistic glass on sale for $15, I got it. It feels exactly like the glass you're protecting since it is glass after all. The ONLY knock I have on it is that the physical button becomes sinked in due to the added glass, but I did get used to it and I can find the physical button easier in the dark. I mean it wasn't really hard to find in the first place, but not it's impossible to miss:p

I'd recommend you try it. If you don't like it, their customer service is excellent and they'll refund you without any hassle.

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Good to know Dezy. Thanks for your review!

~ tapa tap'n ~

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Sounds like something I need to try.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Good to know Dezy. Thanks for your review!

~ tapa tap'n ~

Sounds like something I need to try.
And just to let you both know, Tech Armor will replace the protector if it's damaged or even if you have some difficulties with installation such as bubbles. They send replacement units fast.

I have recently cracked the protector by the home button because of a bubble and pretty good hit apparently, they sent me a new unit within 3 business days. Pretty much hassle free too, think all I had to do was pull up the order # off Amazon as proof of purchase

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I've used just about every "traditional" screen protector out there and all claimed they "feel like glass", and I never thought that.

The day I saw the Tech Armor Ballistic glass on sale for $15, I got it. It feels exactly like the glass you're protecting since it is glass after all. The ONLY knock I have on it is that the physical button becomes sinked in due to the added glass, but I did get used to it and I can find the physical button easier in the dark. I mean it wasn't really hard to find in the first place, but not it's impossible to miss:p

I'd recommend you try it. If you don't like it, their customer service is excellent and they'll refund you without any hassle.

Because of your post for the tech armor, I went and bought one. Cant be happier. Also, it is very easy to apply, the easiest.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I recently cracked my original one that was on the screen and the replacement unit they sent was quite different from the original, it's better. The glass isn't as thick as it used to be and it covers just a bit more of the screen from edge to edge, but it does leave the speaker and sensors/camera exposed unlike the original protector. Despite having less protection, I feel it's become a better product. Them cutting the thickness of the protector is really noticeable and a huge improvement.

mikekhelxD

Reaction score
I recently cracked my original one that was on the screen and the replacement unit they sent was quite different from the original, it's better. The glass isn't as thick as it used to be and it covers just a bit more of the screen from edge to edge, but it does leave the speaker and sensors/camera exposed unlike the original protector. Despite having less protection, I feel it's become a better product. Them cutting the thickness of the protector is really noticeable and a huge improvement.

How did you crack your screen? Is it from the bubble that you mentioned?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
How did you crack your screen? Is it from the bubble that you mentioned?
Yes there was a bubble and I guess one day my phone got smacked against something while in my pocket because when I took it out there was a crack.

They sent a free replacement, but just be careful and just about perfect with installation, avoid bubbles!