S4 Cases

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I've pre-ordered a VZW S4 and now shopping for a case. I've had Otterbox Commuters on my last 3 phones (DNA, RAZR, X). I've seen a few out there that are similar design ie., Spigen SGP Slim Armor & Seidio Active. The question is I cannot find out if either of those have a flap covering the headphone jack. That is something I require using the jack frequently. Without it, debris get's down in it & thus doesn't operate correctly. I'm not averse to considering another brand with similar design (2 layer) as long as it has a headphone jack cover. Thanks for the recommendations/advice.

justreboot

Reaction score
going with the UAG / It seems to have a cool look about it i ordered from iMarine.com for about 30 with shipping

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I purchased a Spigen neo hybrid for mine. Still waiting on the phone to go in it! Couple more days.......

I just ordered one of those as well. More than I normally like to spend much on a case, but I couldn't find a single design that I found sleek and stylish enough to warrant covering up the phone. I ordered a dummy TPU case that'll be here shortly just to hold me over until my Neo Hybrid ships. I can't stand the clear plastic "case" I'm using right now.

Really excited to get it. I really love the fact that it levels off the back, thus protecting the camera to a certain extent.

OP
jtcsifl

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I've used Otterbox Commuters on my last 3 phones so I wanted to try something different. I ordered a Trident with a similar design and the quality of materials is pretty good but the fit is not as tight/good as what I experienced with the Commuters. I had to have something with a plug for the headphone jack & charging ports. The silicone part is what doesn't fit as tight. I installed a Skinomi screen protector & will probably take it off & install the "regular" one included with the case or invest in a Zagg HD. Skinomi claims "you won't be able to tell it's there", hogwash & it has that rubbery type feel like the non-HD Zaggs. Don't like that....

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use the UAG on my S3 "black one", best case out there, and I have used many different cases, none compare to the UAG, URBAN ARMOR GEAR , [video=youtube;hX8k99hk3Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX8k99hk3Sw[/video]

tc1

Reaction score
I use the UAG on my S3 "black one", best case out there, and I have used many different cases, none compare to the UAG, URBAN ARMOR GEAR , [video=youtube;hX8k99hk3Sw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX8k99hk3Sw[/video]

I would like to get one of those except it looks like it says "VAG" on it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jacobbones

Reaction score
the otterbox defender is my case of choice. Has a built in screen protector as well. Ive been in a rush dropped my phone and punted it on concrete with no damage.

Just got my galaxy 4 about 30 minutes ago and was surprised how light and breakable it feels. Ran around to a couple stores and got a defender for it to be safe

Tankwylde

Reaction score
the otterbox defender is my case of choice. Has a built in screen protector as well. Ive been in a rush dropped my phone and punted it on concrete with no damage.

Just got my galaxy 4 about 30 minutes ago and was surprised how light and breakable it feels. Ran around to a couple stores and got a defender for it to be safe

Went with the defender as well. It does a great job but dust gets under the otter box screen protector

BLeClair12

Reaction score
I got my Hyperion Honeycomb TPU case from Amazon yesterday and was pleasantly surprised. When I look for cases, I'm normally looking for the most form fitting, "barely there" protection possible. Never had an incident with my phone and I'm always extremely careful, so I just like to have something that protects from everyday wear and tear. I also ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid, and while I'm still excited to get it, I'm actually really liking this Hyperion case. Most cheap TPU cases I've used have added a ton of bulk and felt, well, cheap. This one feels of slightly higher quality and is incredibly form fitting. My only complain would be the slippery sides in comparison to the very matte and grippy textured back.

OP
jtcsifl

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I got my S4 Otterbox Commuter on Saturday and am happy I went back after trying a Trident that's very similar. The fit on the Trident just wasn't as tight as the Commuter. I'd been happy with the Commuters on all of my previous phones, should have just stuck with them as now I'm having to deal with selling the Trident UGH.

jamjr74

Reaction score
I got the diztronic you case. Nice and slim with adequate protection.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

p1ngputts

Reaction score
The UAG cases are awesome. Picked up the orange case and it's really impressive. Fit is perfect and doesn't add too much bulk for the protection it adds.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I have to say Ottorbox really stepped up the game on the Commuter case for this phone. It adds great protection without too much bulk or weight. Plus they changed the rubber piece so it does not attract pocket lint like it did before.

Amazon.com: OtterBox 77-27777 Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - 1 Pack - Carrier Packaging - Marine: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: OtterBox 77-27777 Commuter Series Case for Samsung Galaxy S4 - 1 Pack - Carrier Packaging - Marine: Cell Phones & Accessories

I have the white one on right now and the other one I ordered and will be here later today just to change it up. Commuter with a Tech Armor screen protector, I think my baby is pretty protected.