New S4 Waterproof Case

jtcsifl

Reaction score
Saw that Lifeproof came out with 2 waterpoof cases for the S4. The rest of my family are iPhone users & have had the Lifeproof cases with good results. I decided I'd try the nuud since it's different and without a screen cover/membrane. I did test it prior to installing but haven't since. Very similar to the Otterbox commuter I was using in appearance (from the front) and added bulk. Here's to hoping it IS waterproof if my phone is ever splashed etc.

Raydee35

Reaction score
Those both look nice, I wonder how they will compare to the seidio waterproof case? I do like the belt clip on the seidio.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Droid Forums

msmink67

Reaction score
lifeproof case for Galaxy S4

Hi just got a Galaxy S4 - my son has the lifeproof case and since I am fire fighter/EMT decided to go with this case rather then the OtterBox like I had with my last phone. Got the case yesterday and today making calls NO ONE can hear me. Tried to "clean" the mic area and such like some blogs said to do. Not helping! Are you having any issues with hearing or being heard on phone calls? Not sure if it is a case issue or what! Called Lifeproof and they are little help. They stated there are "NO" reported issues. Although on facebook Lifeproof site I see a bunch of people who are complaining of similar issues. I am really thinking about taking the case back to BestBuy where I bought it yesterday and returning it for the OtterBox.
Let me know if you are having any issues!
Thanks!

OP
jtcsifl

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I haven't had any issues with callers hearing/understanding me since installing the Lifeproof Nuud. However, I did some research and read that the Griffin Survivor + Catalyst waterproof case was chosen above the other brands for an iPhone 5. I bought one (instead of Lifeproof) for my daughters iPhone 5 & callers have problems hearing/understanding her.

wcjeep

Reaction score
The Lifeproof Nuud on my S3 can slightly mute the callers. However, well over 90% of my calls are over Bluetooth. The case has saved the wife's and I phone from multiple drops that a previous case did not help. The case is waterproof. On my S3, the QI charging still works through the Lifeproof. I've taken video and pictures in high water enviroments (Disneyworld rain).

Also, Otterbox bought Lifeproof earlier this year (or last year).