s3 won't download files anymore

cathyboo

Reaction score
hi my s3 wont download files from the Internet anymore, photos pdf's etc. it says 'starting download' as usual but then just doesn't download anything.
hope someone can help
Thank you

wcjeep

Reaction score
How much spare memory is available? Does it do this on 4g and wifi?

OP
C

cathyboo

Reaction score
hi thanks for your reply I have over 8gb. I dont get 4g or wifi where I live. its happened ever since I updraded to 4.3 :-(

Last edited:

wildbill86

Reaction score
I found that after the 4.3 update my download app had been turned off. I had the same issue. Try opening applications and tab over to see if yours is turned off.

amr111

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
s3
My s3 has also same problem, it shows "starting download" as usual but it does not download any thing. I am using wifi. The problem started since i forced stop downloading. Anyone can help me plz?
Also play store is not working, what is redem code, where did i get this?

OP
C

cathyboo

Reaction score
[QUOTEr111, post: 2556349, member: 381434"]My s3 has also same problem, it shows "starting download" as usual but it does not download any thing. I am using wifi. The problem started since i forced stop downloading. Anyone can help me plz?
Also play store is not working, what is redem code, where did i get this?[/QUOTE]
thats exactly what I unknowingly did. you need to enable downloads again as you've simply just switched it off by forcing the stop lol

amr111

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
s3
[QUOTEr111, post: 2556349, member: 381434"]My s3 has also same problem, it shows "starting download" as usual but it does not download any thing. I am using wifi. The problem started since i forced stop downloading. Anyone can help me plz?
Also play store is not working, what is redem code, where did i get this?
thats exactly what I unknowingly did. you need to enable downloads again as you've simply just switched it off by forcing the stop lol[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reply
To enable download should i turn off tab? And turn on by pressing power+manu+volume.
Is there any other way to enable downloads again.

OP
C

cathyboo

Reaction score
amr111 said:
thats exactly what I unknowingly did. you need to enable downloads again as you've simply just switched it off by forcing the stop lol
Thanks for reply
To enable download should i turn off tab? And turn on by pressing power+manu+volume.
Is there any other way to enable downloads again.[/QUOTE]
go to settings - application manager - swipe across to all then scroll down until you find application installer. click on it and see if it says disabled like mine did. just click enable & bobs yer uncle :) hth

DolphZiggler

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S3
Hi I seem to be having a similar problem with my phone. However whenever I use wifi or 3G my downloads are enabled. I tried disabling and re enabling however this didn't help.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Sounds to me like you all need some reflashing!! Samsung kies is a great place to begin. Install the software and then plug your device in.

Create a backup of everything on your device, this includes copying all the files off your SDCard to your computer.

Then select tools...reset and initialize. Follow the promos and complete. If you need further assistance please ask!! ;)

shjohn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy S3
Hey kaos im on here because I've been having the same problem. I was trying to download an episode of a show i like but whenever i tried it would say staying download but nothing happens. I tried going to my app settings and hitting enable for downloads but it says there's nothing disabled. I'm leaving for a trip soon and I really want too watch the show while im sitting in the car so I hope I can expect a speedy reply. Thanks!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Hey kaos im on here because I've been having the same problem. I was trying to download an episode of a show i like but whenever i tried it would say staying download but nothing happens. I tried going to my app settings and hitting enable for downloads but it says there's nothing disabled. I'm leaving for a trip soon and I really want too watch the show while im sitting in the car so I hope I can expect a speedy reply. Thanks!

@shjohn If you look in my signature, there is a link to my guide to backup your device with samsung kies! Follow that first, and after that you can go to the tools menu in kies, and "update and reset to factory" this will repair your device and you can restore your data back to it after you set up the device.

Make sure your charged to 100% battery, and if you need any help...shoot me a message

shjohn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
galaxy S3
@shjohn If you look in my signature, there is a link to my guide to backup your device with samsung kies! Follow that first, and after that you can go to the tools menu in kies, and "update and reset to factory" this will repair your device and you can restore your data back to it after you set up the device.

Make sure your charged to 100% battery, and if you need any help...shoot me a message
Hey thanks for the advice. Though i don't think ill be able to download the Verizon upgrade assistance on my phone because as said before i cant download anything. I will try to do my best to follow your guide and hopefully it will work. On a side note i tried to do a soft reset on my phone and now its suddenly thinking its November 7. every time I restart it the clock shows 7:08 and also wont let me send text messages, any Ideas on that? thanks again.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Uhm. It's not a problem! Once you get it fixed, the problems should disappear!

And when you plug your device into the pc, it will ask you to install, and download on the pc, the Verizon Repair assistant. It does not actually download on the device! ;)