Can only download on wifi

Af428

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I can't download anything when using mobile data - not apps from play store or pdf files from the net, etc. I can only download on wifi.

Background data has not been restricted for play store or the browser. Please help!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Are you able to browse the Internet on data but just not download? You may need to clean the cache in the download manager if that's the case.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't have an S3, and I'm not exactly sure about your "background data", but on a Jelly Bean device you might want to check:
Menu > System Settings > Data Usage. Then look at "Mobile Data" and make sure the toggle is "ON".

wcjeep

Reaction score
I don't have an S3, and I'm not exactly sure about your "background data", but on a Jelly Bean device you might want to check:
Menu > System Settings > Data Usage. Then look at "Mobile Data" and make sure the toggle is "ON".

Sounds like a setting as mentioned.

comk4ver

Reaction score
Make sure that your not on data savings mode. Otherwise, the phone will stop all files, happened to me on my droid x.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

OP
A

Af428

Reaction score
Thanks everyone,

I was able to browse the Internet and receive emails, so mobile data was on.

I cleared the cache and at the same time I also enabled auto-sync of accounts, now it's working again thank goodness :)