S3 too big?

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
I am new poster here at DF but long time forum troller.
Got an S3 coming from a Maxx.
I find myself switching back to my maxx and feels so much better in hand, I been in constant debate which phone to keep, battery and size makes me switch back to maxx, but camera and screen is an s3 win.

Do you think the S3 is too big?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont own but have handled it seems perfect to me .. and welcome to forums:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

cwbcpa

Reaction score
I came from a Droid 3 and then had to use an iPhone 4 for about 6 months. When I bought the S3 it felt a little big at first, but now I am used to it and love it. I can't imagine going to a smaller screen now. It fits in any pocket just as good and it feels lighter than both my previous phones

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
After coming from three months on the MAXX, I don't think it's too big at all. In fact, the overall width of the phone in hand is almost the same. It just that on the MAXX, there's quite a bit of bezel along the sides, whereas on the S3, the bezel is minimal along the sides. I think the size feels great in hand.

Beka27

Reaction score
This phone feels amazing in hand. I'm a woman, I don't have huge hands, but it fits perfectly. My previous phone was a DX with a silicone case, but even with a case on the S3, the size difference is really very minimal. Now when I hold the DX, it feels too small. Lol...

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies, got some reassurance about my purchase now. I'm just really indecisive and been debating between keeping S3 or going back to my maxx.

Beka27

Reaction score
Do you have a case on it? I've found that a thin case that is non-slippery makes the phone feel very comfortable in hand.

OP
CuriousRaven

CuriousRaven

Reaction score
Yup have the Incipico case with the 2 parts, rubber inside then the rubberish non slippery outside shell. Very happy with the case, never had a case on my maxx so maybe thats another reason why I keep looking back at it, damn indecisiveness.

Beka27

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I have the same case. This is the first Incipio case I've had and I really really like it!

kparks

Reaction score
Beka27 said:
Oh yeah, I have the same case. This is the first Incipio case I've had and I really really like it!

Does it add much bulk and does it attract dust??

Beka27

Reaction score
kparks said:
Does it add much bulk and does it attract dust??

Not at all! It's the perfect size, not slick, absolutely no dust or lint collection. It's an awesome case!

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I think its size is perfect...i just hate the location of the back button...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jimmiem

Reaction score
It's definitely a handful. I came from the Thunderbolt and that phone stretched the limit of what I could reach with my thumb while operating the phone with one hand. The S3 is just plain too big for me to reach the upper part of the screen one-handed. The phone is so slippery that I have to support it with my pinky wrapped around the bottom of the screen, I can't shift the phone around to reach the upper part of the screen without loosing my grip.

I prefer naked phones but this one has me shopping for a nice, thin, non-slip case.