S3 Kit Kat Update for Verizon

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have kitkat running since yesterday, everything is running smooth, no issues yet that I can tell, seems a bit smoother than JB, but not night and day improvement.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just discovered an issue, when I plug in the charging cable a red zone appears inside the battery icon at the top of the task bar, but the battery is still charging like it should, when I unplug the cable and plug it back in the red carpet disappears, but I don't see the charging lightning bolt inside the battery icon that is usually there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

Update, seems to be the charging block that the charging cable was attached to.

KevinJ

Reaction score
I noticed that with the update some things that were supposed to be added were not (at least for me). There's not any extra emoticons on the keyboard, and the lock screen still has the old camera icon and the other icons (which I think with the update they could be/were removed.)

Any one else see this?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the radios have been very spoty, not as reliable as before.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I updated my S3 to 4.4.2 and ran towelroot on it with no Issues. It's now Rooted! Now if they can only get Root for my Note 2 so I can get break me off a Piece on it.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
My wife and I got Kitkat yesterday morning OTA. So far so good, no issues. I like the font tweaks and things seem smoother too. Battery life *appears* better too but that might just be perception and wishful thinking

feralchick

Reaction score
Overall phone is faster and smoother. I am still having horrible battery drain and the phone gets hot quickly (this started with the update right before kit kat). Any suggestions?

MAMBA24ILL

Reaction score
My rooted S3 won't take the kit kat update. Can someone help. I know it's probably something easy.

GoddessOfCarbs

Reaction score
Ever since I got 4.4.2 on my S3 my battery is draining insanely fast! Is anyone else having this problem?