whos ready for kit kat and who still loves their s3

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Im ready for kit kat just would like to know when we will get it...read a lot of new enhancements will be coming....still love the s3.....but is starting to lag a bit

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I would be excited for Kit Kat, but i am pretty sure that they will block FoxFi again. That alone kills the dream for me. No enhancement is worth losing my wifi access.

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Ahhh I gotcha.mm

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

WookieClaws

Reaction score
I'm doubtful we will see KitKat on the S3. I honestly think the only reason we got 4.3 was the potential to sell more Galaxy Gear watches (I'm not a fan, but liking 4.3). The S4 is almost a year old, and the S5 is soon to be announced so why would they spend time/money on the S3?

Inspector Gadget

Reaction score
I am not sure I would want kitkat. 4.3 is a memory hog and only succeeded in slowing my GSIII down. On boot up the phone uses A little. More than 300 Mb more ram at idle with all APS clear than it did with 4.1. I'm also not thrilled with the additional bloatware . My contract is almost up so maybe it's time to root and load CM10.

Brian72

Reaction score

WookieClaws

Reaction score
yeah, but it depends on the carrier too. I fully expect Verizon to sit on the KitKat update *forever* :cus:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too. Sammy will make it available (yay for them!) but it's up to VZW to test it and push it out. It's possible...

daimien

Reaction score
Possible yes but well be waiting a long time before we get it.

WookieClaws

Reaction score
The internets are pretty quiet on an update for the S3; looks like the S4 is getting updated though. I've still got over a year until my next upgrade, but my S3 is working well for me.

meskes

Reaction score
Already have it. :-D

OP
jared845

jared845

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4
Already have it. :-D

U got sprint and the ota update? Any feedback? thoughts on the update and how your phone is responding , issues ect??

rudywilliams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto G 4 Plus
Judging by the frantic app updates I'm getting I would say 4.4 will come to the S3 soon.

The Inability to move apps to the SD card is a bummer.

meskes

Reaction score
U got sprint and the ota update? Any feedback? thoughts on the update and how your phone is responding , issues ect??

No. I don't have Sprint. I have Verizon Wireless.