ruu update and still wont work so need help

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
ok after much ado i finaly got the leaked ruu installed on my unrooted TB. and much to my surprise it didnt fix diddly! actual i have more issues such as market paid apps not showing up.

well ive searched and found that its beacause those apps are copy protected and the leaked RUU has a build unrecognized by google at this point. so ill have to wait for the offiial update to fix this issue. well ive read the threads that people say the leaked ruu worked fine and they can see the paid apps. well i also understand every device is different and ats differently.

well ive also read that i should try contacting google? if thats so how do i do that. DOES ANYONE HAVE A EMAIL ADDRESS TO GOOGLE ABOUT THE ANDROID SYSTEM?
that and if i have to wait for the ota update to fix the problem i would rather flash back to the original ruu file. SO DOES ANYONE HAVE THE STOCK ORIGINAL RUU ZIP FILE?
then the last question is this i understand that rooting would probably fix all these issues right? well if so i ask do all the new custom roms come with this new ruu and gps fix and market fix? im coming from a og droid rooted running UD 3.0 and honestly i miss it and honestly i wanted to wait for the ots fixes before i rooted the TB but as of right now im seriously thinking of taking the TB back.
any help or replys welcome.

bob

OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
good deal lazarus. thank you very much. so it looks like this is the stock ruu file. im dl now. im gonna flash this then i decided tht im just gonna root the darn thing. i wanted to wait for the vberizon ota fix but i dont know when that will be and honestly i cant go a month with bad gps. but ill let you know how it goes after i flash this file when its done downloading.

thanks again.

Last edited:
OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
sry to ask but was this the original ruu or stock ruu and not the updated one correct?

ok thanks for the link but after flashing it gives me the same baseband as the update ruu file did. and after checking market my paid apps are still missing. well looks like im rooting then. like asked in the original post will i have these problems such as missing paid apps and gps problems if i install a custom rom after rooting?

Last edited:

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Check ur software version and see if its 1.12.605.6 if not then the flash did go through

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
nope mine says software 1.13.605.7.

umm im such a fool ive been looking at the baseband version i thought the baseband was the radio or what the ruu file changed. plus is this the updates version or the stock software? or do you know? because i still cant see my paid apps.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I uploaded it.... when I am not driving I will try and find my link

lazarus2297

Reaction score
http://www.***********/file/sOhuYRo0/PG05IMG_Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1126.html

Rename like before and try this

OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
well thanks for all the work lazarus but after i tried to flash the latest file you posted it said "update fail!" because the ruu i currently have installed is a newer version and i guess you cant go back? but thanks anyway im just gonna get a list off my og droid of the paid apps i cant access since there are still installed on that device then im gonna email google and ive them the list. while the market is up hit menu>helpit takes you to google website where you can get tech support for paid apps not showing up.

that and im gonna root the damm thing here preaty soon.

OP
M

mtnbkrbob

Reaction score
hmmmmmmm your propaganda intriges me and i would like to subscribe to your news letter.

where is this bamf you speak of stranger?
i would like very much to flash him.:rofl3:

1android

Reaction score
I like the bamf remix. I was running the liquidforce ROM for a couple days but the gps wont work with it as of now. I would say that both Remix and liquid force are very similar. You have a higher overclock option on the liquid but I experienced a lot of instability when I went to high on it. even with it being higher, I still am getting better bench mark scores with bamf remix. seems to be a little smoother as well. I give Bamf 2 thumbs up!

Its TwiX

Reaction score
I like the bamf remix. I was running the liquidforce ROM for a couple days but the gps wont work with it as of now. I would say that both Remix and liquid force are very similar. You have a higher overclock option on the liquid but I experienced a lot of instability when I went to high on it. even with it being higher, I still am getting better bench mark scores with bamf remix. seems to be a little smoother as well. I give Bamf 2 thumbs up!

Benchmark scores are quite sporadic but I'm glad you like BAMF! New stuff for BAMF is coming soon.
Sent from my BAMFed out Thunderbolt