Running Jelly Bean 4.1 ...

Nealius

Reaction score
is like having a brand new phone!

So far Im really impressed!

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Eh. I'm happy for now. I'll probably wait for the July release or something more stable. My wifi wouldnt work, GPS was hit and miss. But it was good stuff. Nice to see what's coming!

Cheers to fragmentation!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Definitely feels like having a new phone, it's just so darn buttery smooth I can't get over it.

There's some things I miss from my old ICS ROM, but I'll run until other devs put out their versions of JB ROM.

Combat, JD's ROM is running pretty stable and flawlessly for me. He just got out v3 a few hours ago that addressed a couple of those issues, you should try it again. My Wifi was weak in the same room as my router, now it's back to normal.

Durandgir

Reaction score
Honestly I'm waiting for source, I'm not going to bother, I have bad luck, knowing my luck I will get stuck in one a bootloop and not be able to restore a nandroid and have to factory reset my whole phone.

PhishyKris

Reaction score
I read that all you need now is root access and it loads. There is a stable LTE version floating around. I'm sure there will be a thread soon about it.

Durandgir

Reaction score
PhishyKris said:
I read that all you need now is root access and it loads. There is a stable LTE version floating around. I'm sure there will be a thread soon about it.

Its a hacked port of a GSM build. I really don't think its worth it. But that's my opinion.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have to say it's definitely worth it. GPS is also 10x better - smoother, and the girls voice sounds more human. Had to use it on a 30minute ride today. I'm enjoying this quite a bit more than AOKP 40, good amount smoother.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well ran it most of the day today and it's back to the honeymoon phase with my Nexus :D

There aren't too many differences in terms of features, but the overall improvements are amazing. We all knew Google was capable of having a much smoother OS and they finally answered, if you thought ICS was smooth, this blows it out of the water. The few small new features are great, especially Google Now, and the way it searches by voice is a huge overhaul. I really do see myself using Google Now everyday and seeing up to date news, all with the simple gesture of a swipe up. Everything else has been polished and it really shows, but it's the smoothness that has won me over, Project Butter was indeed a proper name

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
combatmedic870 said:
You should try turning the animations to .5x(if you haven't)

Runs even better? One thing I did notice is the keyboard still lags like in ICS. You gotta type a bit faster but it still has a bit of character lag.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
I think its faster.

V4 released with a mod add on for soft keys and battery.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
combatmedic870 said:
I think its faster.

V4 released with a mod add on for soft keys and battery.

V4 out already. Well I'll dirty flash in a bit then. Miss the add on soft key and battery life in notification bar

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Yes I dirty flashed. Went fine.

Its just the soft key mod to make them faster and better responding. The % is a must have IMO!