Running App and Smart Actions...

eidian

Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying that I HATE running so when Endomondo didn't track most of my run with GPS, I was PISSED.

While using Cardio Trainer the same thing started to happen and I figured out mid-run that it was Smart Actions turning the GPS off when I turn the screen off. Now my question:

Will turning off Background Data while the screen is off affect the running app (while leaving the GPS on)? If so, I'll just dump the screen off action altogether.

Thanks for the help.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Let me preface this by saying that I HATE running so when Endomondo didn't track most of my run with GPS, I was PISSED.

While using Cardio Trainer the same thing started to happen and I figured out mid-run that it was Smart Actions turning the GPS off when I turn the screen off. Now my question:

Will turning off Background Data while the screen is off affect the running app (while leaving the GPS on)? If so, I'll just dump the screen off action altogether.

Thanks for the help.

I don't believe that Endomondo uses background data to track you directly (since it uses GPS) but it obviously does communicate that infomation while sync'ing with the web so I don't know for sure if that happens live or only once docked.

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
I didn't even go into that much detail when I thought of the question but that's enough to make me delete that Smart Action. Thanks for responding.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I didn't even go into that much detail when I thought of the question but that's enough to make me delete that Smart Action. Thanks for responding.

Wish I could have been more helpful with better suggestions, but I hope it at least resolves the issue at hand.

OP
eidian

eidian

Reaction score
Your response was helpful. I think I'll see how long the charge lasts without the screen off action.