running AOKP40 and glados kernel-how do you change the soft keys?

Reaction score
unfortunately aokp40 doesn't offer new soft key thems like sorcery (it's more stable on my phone though lol).

i downloaded some new soft key themes off xda developers, but i can't figure out how to actually apply them.

if you can link some to download and tell me how to apply them, id appreciate it guys. thanks

(i have a vzw cdma galaxy nexus)

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
check the nav bar options under rom control in the settings menu?

yeah there's no options there for changing the soft key icons on the aokp40 rom. i'd like to get some text ones...

PhilD

Reaction score
i thought you could create a custom graphic file with whatever image you want and point to it in the nav bar settings section? i never tried it myself, just remember reading about something similar once, maybe i have my roms confused...

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
i thought you could create a custom graphic file with whatever image you want and point to it in the nav bar settings section? i never tried it myself, just remember reading about something similar once, maybe i have my roms confused...

hmmmm, i'll check again...

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
Click on the icon pictured on the page (on the right side). Circled in red here: View attachment 52565

Once you tap those, you get the option to use Gallery or an equivalent to select and crop the icon to be used.

OP
GalaxyFlatulence
Reaction score
Click on the icon pictured on the page (on the right side). Circled in red here: View attachment 52565

Once you tap those, you get the option to use Gallery or an equivalent to select and crop the icon to be used.

OK thank you that worked. I wish there was an easier way like sorcery rom has lol

Had to unzip files, etc. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cupfulloflol

Reaction score
OK thank you that worked. I wish there was an easier way like sorcery rom has lol

Had to unzip files, etc. Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sourcery does indeed make theming things a lot easier than most other ROMs.

AOKP devs have stated that with JellyBean they will be starting from scratch, so perhaps they will change the way they implement it by JB.