[Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7) One; Coming to AT&T, Sprint & T-Mobile Mar 22nd

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-m7-new-from-android-police.jpg

These pics are from AndroidPolice

If the latest reports are true, then it appears Verizon will be skipping the HTC One (aka M7). Supposedly, the new flagship from HTC will launch in Europe March 8th, and will be coming only to AT&T, T-Mobile & Sprint in the U.S. on March 22nd. It's possible that the device might come to Verizon in the future with a different name, but it's just as possible the phone was skipped by Big Red because they don't want another HTC device to compete with their HTC Droid DNA. This same report supposedly confirms that some of the previously leaked pics are legitimate (posted above).

Some additional details were presented along with this news. Here's a quote with the details,

Our source has confirmed that the HTC M7 will launch as the HTC One on AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint with 32GB of internal storage, starting at $199.99 with a two year contract. Those looking in need of more storage can opt for the 64GB model which will sell for $299.99. Our source has also confirmed that the HTC One will have metal casing with front-facing stereo speakers. The device will be available in both black and silver/white. Previous images of the HTC One with a black soft-touch casing were real, but our source claims they were pre-production units which were used during various phases of testing. The final metal design can be previewed in the teaser videos HTC posted with the countdown clock that’s ticking down on htc.com.

Most of us here at HQ are unsurprised by this news, but are a bit saddened, nonetheless. How many of our members are disappointed that the phone is likely not coming to Verizon?

Source: HTCSource

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Pretty sure its obvious by now, Verizon loves Motorola over all others. They only carry Samsung devices because of their overwhelming love for the all mighty dollar.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure its obvious by now, Verizon loves Motorola over all others. They only carry Samsung devices because of their overwhelming love for the all mighty dollar.

I went to a corporate store a few days ago and was talking to one of the sales women on the floor and I mentioned how much I loved the droid DNA screen and the first thing she said was,

"the lack of SD is why so many return it" I couldn't help but laugh and tell her that was the next thing I was going to say. I've got a 64gb sd card... don't try to take it away from me.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is the same reason HTC is not bringing their phone to Verizon, since Verizon screwed them big time, by making them dump down the storage space "so they can sell their cloud". HTC has been screwed by Verizon a few times already, I am sure it has left a sour taste in their mouth. Verizon is doing the same thing lately to their customer base "share your money with us plans", like the saying goes, what goes up must come down, sooner or later all this nonsense will bite Verizon in the rear end.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
like the saying goes, what goes up must come down, sooner or later all this nonsense will bite Verizon in the rear end.

I would love to stand and pour some of my favorite booze on vzw's grave. After it has passed through my kidney's tho! :D

shockracer

Reaction score
^X2

I hope to see VZW get nailed in the pocket and stocks fall when they start pulling SD cards from there entire lineup.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid DNA is still new. It wouldnt make sense for them to do this. I'm surprised they did it with Motorola phones.

So.....some of yall want them to do with HTC what some of yall complain Motorola do? Has anyone looked at the specs between the 2? They are so close....you might as well call the One the DNA+

Last edited:

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Droid DNA is still new. It wouldnt make sense for them to do this. I'm surprised they did it with Motorola phones.

So.....some of yall want them to do with HTC what some of yall complain Motorola do? Has anyone looked at the specs between the 2? They are so close....you might as well call the One the DNA+

Sorry but the DNA is a total failure in my book, only thing going for it is the high resolution screen, the two main features in a smartphone are storage and removable battery, on the storage part the DNA with only eleven gigs of usable storage is a total failure, and not to able to swap a fresh battery when you are running low and not near charging pretty is also a big letdown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Dna+ sd card?

Oh I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I want a droid dna with an sd card and larger internal memory.

This is nothing like what Motorola did so get your facts straight.

Sent from my sickeningly sweet RAZR MAXX.

MacLeod

Reaction score
Re: [Rumor] Verizon Skipping the HTC (M7)

Yeah I gotta agree. The puny storage, no SD card support and a weak non-removable battery are deal breakers for me. I'm a longtime HTC fan and I wanted the DNA so bad but I gotta have those things.

Glad I didn't wait for the M7 and went ahead and upgraded to my beloved Note 2 . I was kinda worried I was making a mistake by not waiting another couple weeks but now I see it's fate and I was meant to own this Note. :D

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 2.

Reaction score
We all know Verizon knows of a better device coming

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dna+ sd card?

Oh I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry I want a droid dna with an sd card and larger internal memory.

This is nothing like what Motorola did so get your facts straight.

And you are telling me that doesnt qualify it to be the DNA+? Also a slight bump in ppi, and cpu speed. DNA just came out a few months ago. Moto threw in a bigger battery, slight bump in cpu speed, change screens from the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR Maxx, from Sept 2011 to Jan 012. How would this not be the same thing if it came to Verizon? Its memory instead of what Moto did.

Sorry but the DNA is a total failure in my book, only thing going for it is the high resolution screen, the two main features in a smartphone are storage and removable battery, on the storage part the DNA with only eleven gigs of usable storage is a total failure, and not to able to swap a fresh battery when you are running low and not near charging pretty is also a big letdown.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

When did this become the 2 main features in a smartphone?

The problem is Verizon had the Droid Incredible 4G .....then the DNA. The Incredible 4G was a weaker One X. They get the DNA...and the M7 is around the corner. Verizon should've either got phones earlier, better versions earlier...or just waited.

Just like for us phone buyers.....they cant wait forever. And they chose "weaker" phones. It is what it is. If they get the One now.....it was waste to get the DNA. That's also why I said I'm surprised they're not....they did it with Motorola.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
And you are telling me that doesnt qualify it to be the DNA+? Also a slight bump in ppi, and cpu speed. DNA just came out a few months ago. Moto threw in a bigger battery, slight bump in cpu speed, change screens from the Bionic to the RAZR to the RAZR Maxx, from Sept 2011 to Jan 012. How would this not be the same thing if it came to Verizon? Its memory instead of what Moto did.

When did this become the 2 main features in a smartphone?

The problem is Verizon had the Droid Incredible 4G .....then the DNA. The Incredible 4G was a weaker One X. They get the DNA...and the M7 is around the corner. Verizon should've either got phones earlier, better versions earlier...or just waited.

Just like for us phone buyers.....they cant wait forever. And they chose "weaker" phones. It is what it is. If they get the One now.....it was waste to get the DNA. That's also why I said I'm surprised they're not....they did it with Motorola.

Then release it as the dna+ I'm just tired of Verizon dragging their feet. If they didn't have the best coverage and I wasn't unlimited and grandfathered in I'd leave

Thankfully I got the gn2 and I'm loving it just waiting for the cruzer lite case I ordered. If the xperia z comes to Verizon I'll check it out. I'll probably never be able to settle for smaller than 4.8 ever again

summit21

Reaction score
In my opinion 5 inches is too big unless we are talking about phablets. The HTC M7/ One, will have many enhancements over the DNA. The camera, screen 468 ppi, and a larger battery, memory, and a faster processor. It sucks Verizon will not be getting this phone. I guess I may have to switch to AT&T, or wait for the Motorola X phone, if my incredible 2 will last that long.

Last edited:

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
In my opinion 5 inches is too big unless we are talking about phablets. The HTC M7/ One, will have many enhancements over the DNA. The camera, screen 468 ppi, and a larger battery, memory, and a faster processor. It sucks Verizon will not be getting this phone. I guess I may have to switch to AT&T, or wait for the Motorola X phone, if my incredible 2 will last that long.

I can't wait until they are all bezel-less then five inches will be the perfect size