[Rumor] The Droid RAZR will get a Firmware Update in Early December!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid-Razr-alt-full.jpg

We have a rumor from a reliable source that the Droid RAZR will be receiving a Firmware update sometime early in December. The issues that the firmware update fixes have only been experienced by a few users, but "any" is too many for Verizon so they are dealing with it post-haste. Here is what is fixed:
  • Out of service indicator
  • Multiple mms pop ups.
  • Settings menu error.
  • Green/Blue tinted pics.
  • Battery drain issue.
  • No network/data network connection.
Thanks to our tipster, Venomhatch!

Don't forget to check out our dedicated sister-site for the Droid RAZR, @ RazrForums.com!

Source: RazrForums

crwys

Reaction score
That was fast. Nice to see Moto is staying on top of things.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
ICS perhaps!!!!!!!!!!!

No sorry that is not ICS. But it is a firmware update. The ICS software update right now is still slated for early 2012, Through the same source they are advising me of Jan 2012 for ICS. Not repeat not 100% on that.

Reaction score
well this is good. havent really experience battery drain. although i havent used it much like i would normally. im in a school that doesnt let us have cell phones in the class.
however, the no connection issue i seen multiple times. like today for instance. pull phone out to check email and no connection. im sitting right by a window. had to go into airplane mode then back out to get it back. then hoped on 4g and was good but took longer than it should to check email.

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
Yeah right now the only fix they told me is a bit of a setback. You have to go into settings, wireless networks, mobile networks, network mode, then tap CDMA only. It will be 3G only but it will have more success keeping the data connection. After doing so you will lose connection for a second then it will come back at 3g strong. Since doing so I haven't lost data at all. And had better battery doing so, because it isn't trying so hard to restablish the data connection all the time.

Last edited:

Chocula78

Reaction score
This better fix things

I have found multiple ways to make the data connection drop. The latest is walking out of a WIFI area and the 3g not connecting. Or turning my WIFI off, the 3g seems to have trouble connecting. I don't use 4g cause it's a battery killer.

This firmware update would be a big deal, but I'll be pissed if it doesn't fix my issues. This latest thing with the WIFI is a deal breaker for me. How the he!! can a phone not handle the transition from WIFI to 3g?!

Venomhatch

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 Plus - 128GB
I have found multiple ways to make the data connection drop. The latest is walking out of a WIFI area and the 3g not connecting. Or turning my WIFI off, the 3g seems to have trouble connecting. I don't use 4g cause it's a battery killer.

This firmware update would be a big deal, but I'll be pissed if it doesn't fix my issues. This latest thing with the WIFI is a deal breaker for me. How the he!! can a phone not handle the transition from WIFI to 3g?!

I hear ya. Yes under the network fix there are several known issues and will be fixed.