[Rumor] Samsung GT-I9500 (aka the international SGS4) Rocks Browser Benchmarks

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sgs4-browsermark-score.png

Yes, we can't help it. We sometimes feed the hype-monster too. Here's a pseudo-followup article to the Samsung Galaxy S IV launch invite we just shared a bit ago. Apparently, someone was able to get a hold of the international version of the SGS4 for a quick Browsermark 2.0 Bench-test. When we say quick, we mean that literally. As you can see in the benchmark above, a device with the model GT-I9500 smoked all the newest phones available in this benchmark. Most industry intel points to this device as the international version of the SGS4. Even the brand new HTC One and the Sony Xperia Z get crushed in this benchmark.

Of course, these things can be faked, so we will reserve judgement on this until after the phone actually hits the streets. Luckily, we won't have to wait too long for that!

Source: GSMArena

Asgard

Reaction score
Have they compared this against an iPhone natively running safari and a Lumia natively running IE10?
Also I don't trust browser benchmarks too much, those told me that nightly on my phone is supposed to be 3 times faster than nightly on my PC and that is not even close to reality.

WestOkid

Reaction score
@Asgard got this from Android Authority. Looks like it beats iPhone 5 too.
galaxy-s4-browsermark-2-test-2.jpg

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
this is pure bs lol my dna(butterfly) gets a score of 2444 not the listed 1475.. stock kernel on the latest ota. on top of that the benchmark shows samsung's gs4 8 core prototype not the 4 core retail model. nice try samscum but you didnt get that by me:)
a 246 difference does not sound as impressive for a prototype flagship phone...
View attachment 60948

Last edited: