[Rumor] Nikesh Arora May Become Motorola CEO After Google's Buyout

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nikesharorar-google.jpg

There are some rumors in the mobile business world suggesting there may be a power change-up at Motorola once Google takes over. The "rumint" is that Nikesh Arora, Google's SVP and Chief Business Officer, will take over as CEO at Motorola, once the acquisition is finalized. This is the guy that took over the global business role for Google when Eric Schmidt stepped down. Supposedly, he has been "agitating" for a CEO role (whatever that means), and was on a short list of candidates to become the new CEO of Yahoo. This offer was effectively to keep him from defecting to Yahoo.

Of course, this begs the question of what will happen to Sanjay Jha, Moto's current CEO. A great many folks will probably be happy to see him "step down," after the frustrating year with Moto's "strange" customer service and product strategies from last year. Sound off your opinion whether you would like to see this change take place or not.

Source: BGR

Sweettooth

Reaction score
The guy sounds kind of greedy but I can respect him for his urge to "move up in the world." As long as he ends the current "release phone every three months and advertising it as though it were the last phone you'll ever need or that it's the phone to rule all phones" *ahem* then I think they should be fine. Hate to sound like a fanboy but as I'm sure we've all noticed, very few "bad" ideas actually come out of Google's brain, or castle gates (however you want to see it).

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Like I have said before. I will party in streets and declare it a national holiday when Sanjay Jha is fired. I don't know much about Nikesh Arora but he surely can't get any worse than Jha.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
So glad Jha might get fired. He's done a horrible job in my opinion.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
How much power is Google going to have over Moto? I was under the impression it was just going to be business as usual for moto.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think Google is just saying those things for good PR. Google can't just stand by while Motorola continues to create conflict in the Android ecosystem.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
How much power is Google going to have over Moto? I was under the impression it was just going to be business as usual for moto.
Very rarely when one company acquires another do things remain status quo. They could have offered Sanjay a sweet deal, also known as the____________ <<<DgStorm fill in the blank

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Very rarely when one company acquires another do things remain status quo. They could have offered Sanjay a sweet deal, also known as the____________ <<<DgStorm fill in the blank
They could have offered Sanjay a sweet deal, also known as the "Golden Parachute".

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
They could have offered Sanjay a sweet deal, also known as the "Golden Parachute".
lol......BTW stormie I heard somebody was asking Nikesh about the boot loader policy when that pic was snapped. He kept doing that when the question was asked. Not sure if there is any truth to that or not though.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
really? lol ...that would be hilarious if true, but still funny sarcasm. The question is... was his reaction because he couldn't hear, because he couldn't answer due to lack of knowledge, or because he didn't want to answer? I can just hear his reaction... "boot-loading what? I don't lock my boots."

Last edited: