[Rumor] More LG Optimus Nexus Rumors Emerge with Detailed Specs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nexusbeans_HD.jpg

Even more rumors are surfacing regarding an LG Optimus Nexus phone, making the possibility of the device more and more credible every day. The latest rumors even give detailed specs for it. Here's a breakdown:
  • The device is based on the Optimus G but doesn’t look the same
  • Updated Android release (currently 4.2)
  • Quad Core Snapdragon S4 processor
  • 2GB RAM
  • 1280×768 True-HD IPS screen
  • On screen soft keys (of course)
  • 8 Megapixel Camera
  • No microSD slot
  • 8GB and 16GB versions only (at least initially)
  • Non-removable battery
  • Wireless charging built in
  • The retail name of the device is yet to be decided.
What is strange about this list is that the device will only have up to 16GB of storage and no microSD slot. Still, for most users this may not be that much of an issue. Apparently, this rumor also comes with the caveat that the phone will not look very much like the LG Optimus G that we have seen pics of already. Regardless, this seems like a pretty beastly phone. As always, we will keep you apprised with more details.

Source: Modaco

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Awesome specs.. except for the SD card.. I've gotta have an SD card. My nexus7 tab has taught me that.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Not a fan of the non-removable battery. Ill keep my Galaxy Nexus and hope other Nexus phone devices are offered this year. Won't really matter anyway because as I've said, I don't see Verizon getting a nexus device for a good while unfortunately.

Last edited:

nikecar

Reaction score
i dont need an sd card on the n7, but i do on a phone. I put more movies on the phone when Im in line at a theme park. I cannot and wont walk around somewhere like that with the n7

rowdyguy124

Reaction score
Need at least 32gb of memory for offline video, music, pics and these huge games that are being released now. At least throw in a Mirco SD slot. Gotta have a removable battery too. Can't tell you how great it was to throw in a double sized Hyperion Battery for $20 and have the stock as a spare when I am away from a charger for very long periods. There is no way an even a Razr Maxx could keep up with the power demands I have.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Needs to have at least 32gigs of memory if it's not going to have an SD-Card. My Gnex is perfectly fine. However, my 16gig Nexus 7 I always have to delete movies and stuff to make room for new things.

Also, according to Droid-Life, this is being slated for an AT&T/GSM release(to be announced at the end of October as well).. so hopefully that's wrong or other Nexus phones come out as well.

If not, I'll be going with the Note II.

npro1464

Reaction score
Yeah the storage there is a killer. I know Google wants us to use their stupid cloud services, but come on!! I need to have my music on my phone. I guess I've been spoiled with my Thunderbolt's storage- with 8 GB internal + 32 GB SD card, I've never had a problem. The one drawback of owning a Nexus phone.

I might hold off to see what Samsung has in store. I'd at least like a removable battery. If I'm paying $350-400 for a phone (off contract) than I better be able to change the battery when the original one loses its life a year later.

Last edited:

z96Cobra

Reaction score
I'll buy a phone with lower specs that has removable battery & SD slot before I'll ever buy a top of the line phone without removable battery & SD slot.

Briankbl

Reaction score
Wireless charging? Definitely want more information.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running XenonHD v8.0!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'll buy a phone with lower specs that has removable battery & SD slot before I'll ever buy a top of the line phone without removable battery & SD slot.

Same here. Not even a close call for me.

I can do the non removable battery, no problems or issues with my RAZR. I tried no SD slot with the G Nex. I didnt like it. Now I get storage warnings with my RAZR and I'm moving stuff from internal storage to the SD card every now n then. (think its mainly because of Google Music, Spotify, and having Motocast syncing.) I would need alot of internal storage for me to consider a phone. Even then, didnt like I had to back up everything on my G Nex when messing around with ROMs, just to be on the safe side.

This might be a pass for me too.

Last edited:

tc1

Reaction score
No removable sd card.... no deal

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
These last couple of mths,LG has been on a roll.First with Snapdrgon S4 Pro,now LG Nexus.Anything else we should know LG?

Last edited: